Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WiFi calling
20yearswithV

As a deployed soldier do you expect hundreds of dollars in international calling with no warning when using What’s App WiFi calling? We didn’t either. After a month of back and forth, we are now leaving Verizon after 20 years as a dedicated customer all over a couple hundred dollars of international charges when using WiFi calling (with cellular data turned off). Verizon refuses to reverse all charges even after it took several customer service reps to understand how the charges even happened. The final answer... it “jumped” to international calling with no notification or alert when the WiFi signal was low all while cellular data was off. At this point it’s not about the money- it’s about the principle. 20 years Verizon! So disappointed! 

0 Likes
Re: WiFi calling
acraftylady2

Wow so if a phones 4g is turned off you can still use data even though you are connected to wifi?  I never knew this.  Is this a verizon thing or can it happen on other carriers?  How the heck does it even show up on the bill is beyond me.  I guess this means when we turn 4g off its not truly off?

0 Likes
Re: WiFi calling
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We thank you for your service. You're valued to us, and we wouldn't want to lose you. It does worry us to hear you received charges while deployed when using WhatsApp, and we want to do everything in our hands to help. We have sent you a Private Note to better assist. 

0 Likes