Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Widget requires login when tapped
PHANTOMSLAVE

Tapping on Data Widget requires phone number and password to get into my account, but opening the My Verizon app directly it is already logged in.

I'm sure this is unintended behavior. Perhaps the app development team should be informed of this behavior.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Widget requires login when tapped
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

The data usage widget is definitely a convenient feature to be able to quickly view your usage, PHANTOMSLAVE. We're glad to assist with your device concerns. What model phone are you using? Have you been able to use the data usage widget successfully in the past? If so, when did you start experiencing trouble? You mentioned that the widget asks for your login. To confirm, you have entered your My Verizon login from the widget to allow the widget to access your usage. However, it still asks for a login each time you try to check your usage. Is that correct?

Lauren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

mike77777

Do you have a fix? Widget requires password everytime I tap on it. Never required a password in the past. This is a new problem with thw widget. Uninstalled and reinstalled widget, rebooted phone, and have not found an answer to the problem on the forum.  

0 Likes
mike77777

Galaxy S9

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

In order for us to determine if there is a fix, we need to gather more details from you. 

What software version do you have on your S9? There was a new version released on 12/11/2019 that should read

•  

• PPR1.180610.011.G960USQS7CSK5

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

mike77777, Thanks for that phone detail. When you initially placed the Widget back onto your screen (after you removed it) did it allow you to tap it so it synced with your My Verizon Mobile app? Are you signed in via your phone number for your My Verizon Mobile app or using a different number from the account?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes