Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Will I Be Charged A Restocking Fee For My Headphones?
dallas28

I just received my IPHONE 7+ and Beats Blue Tooth headset in the mail today. I opened the box to the headset and discovered that they are a different color than what is reflected and labeled on the box..  If I head to a Verizon Store will I be able to exchange for a different color without getting charged the $35 restocking fee?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Restocking Fee?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

dallas28,

We want to make sure you can return your accessories. If you wanted to return your headset you can do so at the store location or mail it back to us with out a fee. It would be up to the store location whether a fee will be added to the account.

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

dallas28,

We want to make sure you can return your accessories. If you wanted to return your headset you can do so at the store location or mail it back to us with out a fee. It would be up to the store location whether a fee will be added to the account.

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Leader

If you are returning the PHONE there is a restocking fee. Unless something has changed then and I am not aware of it there should be no restocking fee on accessories.

0 Likes
RH17

I returned a cell phone within 2 hours back to the Verizon Wireless store in Surprise Arizona and was charged a $35.00 restocking fee. I was never told that there was going to be a restocking fee. When I returned the cell phone the customer service rep pointed this out on my receipt. I will never go to a Verizon store again to buy a cell phone.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Make sure you check the restocking fees at ANY cellular provider you switch to because they ALL have restocking fees, even if you return the device after only 2 hours. The only way to possibly get around this restocking fee is if you had never opened the box the phone came in.

sprmankalel
Leader

RH17 wrote:

I returned a cell phone within 2 hours back to the Verizon Wireless store in Surprise Arizona and was charged a $35.00 restocking fee. I was never told that there was going to be a restocking fee. When I returned the cell phone the customer service rep pointed this out on my receipt. I will never go to a Verizon store again to buy a cell phone.

Have you NEVER purchased a cell phone before? There has been a restocking fee since AT LEAST 2010 and it has also been $35 since then. Nobody HAS to tell you about it because it IS on the receipt. That is all that is required by law. BestBuy doesn't even put it on the front like VZW does because there return policy is printed on the back of the receipt. That is what the receipt is for. It isn't only your proof of purchase. It is also the document that tells you about the return policy.

Once a device is activated on your line it is no longer brand new. It then has to be processed as into the warranty exchange program. That means someone has to code it differently in the system, it has to be shipped to the warehouse and yet another person must do quality checks on the device.

They could have a no return policy.

0 Likes
RH17

Thank you. Your response was very informative. My mistake in not looking at my receipt. I was just on the phone with a Verizon rep who explained to me much of what you said. It makes sense and I feel better now[ ]

0 Likes