Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Wireless access discount for retirees
mikemis

Hello:

I have been receiving a 22% access discount along with a .03% bonus access discount as a retiree since 2008.  I just noticed that this discount has been removed. I tracked it back to September, 2020.

I have called 4 numbers, including customer service, VZ employee phone program and ELEU. Although the reps were pleasant, nobody could help me. When I called the VZ benefits helpline, the rep could not assist and gave me the 4th number to call. Turned out it was for Culligan (water).

I have spent over 2 hours trying to find someone who could help me reinstate the discount. I have been with Verizon Wireless the entire time, as and employee and a retiree. The access discount just vanished. The rep athe the VZ Employee Phone program told me that I am indeed eligible, but he could not reinstate it and gave me the third number to call, which was benefits.

Where do I go from here. It's very frustrating, to say the least.

0 Likes
Re: Wireless access discount for retirees
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

mikemis, we can relate to how important your discount is to you, and we value your time. Employee discounts can really add up over time. At the same time, they also have plan qualifiers: https://www.verizon.com/support/employee-discount-validation-faqs/

We've sent you a private message to further review the details.

-Arya

0 Likes
mikemis

Hello Ayra:

I checked the link and I don't see anything which applies to my situation. While it mentions data plan discounts, my discount applied to the line access fee as an employee/retiree. I was advised by a representative in the Phone program that I am eligible for this access line discount going back to

May 24, 2006 and had been getting it ever since until it was arbitrarily  removed Sept. 2020. I'm just trying to get it reinstated. I am not asking for any back credit. I need to actually talk to someone in management. Is there a person I can talk to rather than chatting? I need this resolved. I am up to

6 phone numbers called and 3 1/2 hours of time on this.

0 Likes
jav6
Leader

@mikemis 

Is it possible you changed your plan at the time the discount was removed? As a former Verizon employee and retiree myself, I just checked and my discount is still there. Hopefully, some agent here will dig in to this for you and get it fixed.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely want you to receive the support you need, mikemis. We are only able to assist with consumer level accounts here. Since you are a retiree with a Employee Phone Program account, you will need to call in at 800-922-0204 for further assistance. We hope you have a great rest of your day.

-Christopher

0 Likes
mikemis

OK, thank you for your response.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You are welcome, mikemis. We are confident this team will be able to assist you with addressing all of your concerns. Thank you for your patience through this. -Gerson

0 Likes
mikemis

Just for an update: I did call the number and was advised that I would receive a text in conjunction with my December billing that would provide a link, with an offer, to reinstate the discount. This is now January 4th, and I did not receive anything. I need to make a decision in general as I am frustrated and tired of calling phone numbers that are supposed to help, but receive misinformation and no support.

This is tiring.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I apologize for the tiring and frustrating disappointment you had as it relates to to get your plan reinstated, mikemis. Let me look into this situation and do my best to assist you. This message was sent out on the 4th and today is the 6th. Have you received any message from us as yet?    -Ed

0 Likes
mikemis1

Hello:

I just replied these many months later as I was tired of being passed around with no resolution. Unfortunately, when I hit submit, my reply disappeard so I don't know what occurred, just another dead end.

Anyway, I won't repeat the long reply I gave, but no, I didn't get any message. This has been way too long and I have to consider my options if not resolved.

I someone can take this and run with it to resolution, like it used to be but not anymore it seems, I would be most appreciative. If not, I am considering moving on from Verizon. It's not worth all of this time and frustration.

My phone number is 908.334.5537 just so you have it.

Thank you.

0 Likes