Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Won't honor quoted promotion
Dunner11

I called Verizon's 1-800 # yesterday 9/8/21 to inquire about the promotion to trade my Samsung A51 for a new Samsung Zflip 3.  Was quoted the promotion of trading it in and getting $500 off making my monthly payments on the zlip 3 $16.66.  I still owe money on my A51 phone and was going to do the transaction with him, but I didn't have the credit card on me at the time.  He said that I can call him tomorrow (9/9/21) to process this transaction.  When I called today (9/9/21) I was told the promotion has ended and can't do anything about it.  

Two things, he should have known the promotion was ending the next day OR if he didn't know that, it should still be honored when he flat out told me he can process the quote the next day.

There has to be someone that can physically process this as an exception.

0 Likes
Re: Won't honor quoted promotion
Dunner11

, since I have seen no reply from you I also sent you a private message and still haven't heard anything.

Dunner11

Wow.  Three days later and a direct PM to Verizon and no response.  Customer service hasn't definitely gotten worse.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Dunner11. We are sorry to hear you did not get a a reply to your Private Note. We did some research on the promotion for the Samsung Z Flip 3 5G. We are still running a upgrade promotion on the Samsung Z Flip 3 5G, that can give you up to $440.00 with your trade in. Click here to view: https://www.verizon.com/smartphones/samsung-galaxy-z-flip3-5g/.  *Cassie

0 Likes
Dunner11

Yes, I already checked that.  This promotion now values my Samsung A51 at $100.  The promotion last week was for $500 for the same phone.  

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Note it's up to $450 so was probably the same last week up to $500 and you probably wouldn't have gotten $500 then either.  If you search the forums you will see lots of problems with people trying to get the high prices quoted for trade ins. 

0 Likes
Dunner11

Got it.  All I know is the website quoted me $500 for my trade in when I selected the model I have.  Now this week it's $100.

Oh well, doesn't look like they want to stand behind the quote the rep gave me and told me he could get me in the next day if I called back.

Like you said, I see people having issues with their trade in's.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

One reason I don't do these deals.  Pay cash fot my phone at best buy so no hassle with credit on bill for 2yrs and keep my old one for back up or sell it myself.

Dunner11

Now I am really glad my deal fell through after reading new messages daily about how unhappy people are with the trade in program.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Rest assured, it is our intention to help resolve your concerns. With that being said, our website is the best way to get the most current trade in value for your device. I hope this information helps to provide clarity. *Estevan

0 Likes