Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Worse New Customer Experience
unhappycustomer_green

I have spent countless hours on the phone with customer service to get my account fixed since switching to Verizon 4 days ago. So far I am not happy with the customer service that I have been receiving. 1) It all started with the chat sales rep, not including my apartment number in the shipping order for my new devices. Every rep I spoke to said that they could not help because I am a new customer. 2) I tried to have two numbers ported to Verizon. I was told that they couldn't port a number from US Virgin Islands from ATT. 3) The number which was ported is unable to be used to register for a My Verizon account. I keep receiving this message "Your cell phone must have service to register for My Verizon. From your cell phone, dial *228, press Send, then select Option 1 at the prompt to activate your phone." When I call customer service I am being told that my number was successfully ported and is activated but I am still unable to register for an account. No one has answers. I have had a rep tell me that the system is updating so it should be fixed later in the day.I have had reps hang up on me after saying they will transfer me. I have had "supervisors" tell the rep to tell me that they will call me back in 40 minutes because they are busy but never call. I have been told by a rep that their computer is down so call back later. So far this has been a 4-day long nightmare. At this point, I have spoken to several reps in customer support, tech support, advanced tech support, and sales. I can see that customer service is not a priority. I can honestly say that AT&T provided better customer service. I switched to Verizon because I have been told that they have great service. I would take a few service interruptions with great customer service over the treatment I am receiving at Verizon. I probably won't be a Verizon wireless customer for long.

0 Likes
Re: Worse New Customer Experience
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It's important to us that you're happy with your switch to the Verizon family! How many lines were you attempting to port over all together? Have you received a confirmation text message that the line was successfully ported over? *Ellisandra

0 Likes
unhappycustomer_green

Two lines. I received the message that one line was ported and I received a new number for the other line.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Porting a number is typically a smooth process, unhappycustomer_green. When issues arise, we want to work extra hard to help. Have you checked with your former carrier about the number that did not port, to see what the status is on that number? In other words, is that number still active on your former carrier? You posted this reply two days ago. Are you still having issues setting up a My Verizon online account? -George

0 Likes