Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Worst Customer Service in the Industry
kalijen77

I have been with Verizon for exactly 1 month and 2 days.  Transferred over 6 lines from a previous carrier only to have the lines put on 3 seperate accounts. In trying to resolve the issue after many hours of hold times, via chat or phone, i ended up with 8 lines because no one knew what they were doing.  It took weeks to resolve my account issues.  When one issue was fixed, it created another issue.  More phone wait times, more chat wait times. Now, thinking everything is resolved i get an email my rebate was invalid on one line because the line is not on an eligible plan..  Ummm, yes it is, like all my other lines.  I went to chat, was places on hold only to be told to call a number.  That number of course is busy.  So chat tells me to call into customer service and they can transfer me to the rebate center.  1st attempt to call, wait time an esitmated 4 mins (wow, thats great).. disconnected... called back... same wait time... disconnected.. Well verizon's customer service closes at 7.  I call back a 3rd time... wait time an estmated 4-6 minutes.  I have been hold for over 15 minutes... i believe waiting for 7 to hit and be disconnected again. I absolutely hate the lack of customer service Verizon has. I had At&T in the past with no issues, and recently left T-mobile that had excellent customer service.  I only left them because I couldn't get service at my property.  Looks like I may be looking into going back to At&t, the rebate is not that important to stay with Verizon if this is the kind of continued service I will experience. 

0 Likes
Re: Worst Customer Service in the Industry
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

kalijeb77, hearing we've let you down is disheartening. This certainly isn't the experience we'd want any of our customers to have when doing business with us. It's is important to us that you are in receipt of any rebate that you qualified for. We welcome the opportunity to turn this around for you here. We've sent you a private message. Please respond at your earliest convenience. 

0 Likes
Re: Customer service - 1-1/2 hours of my life I won't get back!!!!
Schelly

My son's phone he looked at one day and it had black and gray lines on whole screen and he could not access his home page.  He did not drop it, smack it, get it wet or anything.  Went to Verizon store in Fogelsville PA and a girl working named Janelle said it looks electrical or software and she couldn't help me so she told me to call insurance company Assurion.  Gave me the phone number.  Next 1-1/2 hours of my life were heck!!!  Talked to Shanda at Assurion for 20 minutes and she deduced that I was not covered because nothing that she asked (see above) was wrong with phone so she had to transfer me back to Verizon. (1st person)  Next I talked to Tammy and she said she was not the person I needed after about 5 minutes (2nd person).  She transferred me to Dianna and she told me I needed tech 2 support and she kept me on phone for another 10 minutes until she transferred me (3rd person).  Next we got Chris and he kept me on phone for a while, said he was still not the person to talk to and then disconnected me (4th person).  At this point I was on the phone according to my timer for 55 minutes!!!  He called me back - and I said he was lucky he did because now I am really angry!  He then put me on hold for 10 more minutes and transferred me to Joshua (5th person).  He assured me I was the person who was gonna help me.  After about 10 minutes of him telling me what he was processing for my return he said I had to turn off my Find My Phone and I said I can't because I can't get into the phone.  Guess what he said then???? Yes!  He said I had to call yet another person then to do that - Apple!  I refused and said this is garbage and my husband hung up on him.  1-1/2 hours later I have no resolution.  So, the next day my husband and I went back to store in Fogelsville and same girl was there but she was helping someone else and then Kristen Kornberger, the store manager came out to help us.  I had her help me before when I got my new phone about a month ago.  Let me tell you - she was the light at the end of my dark tunnel of garbage from everyone else the day before.  She took control, called tech support at Verizon and they actually hung up on her - unbelievable!  She called back and took the reigns.  I told her about Joshua wanting me to call Apple to disconnect the Find My Phone and she said why?  I can do that for you!!!  She was a godsend!  Kudos for her great leadership and great customer service.  The rest of the people at Verizon should be ashamed of themselves and go back to school for knowing their job!!!  
Resolution complete but I am not a happy customer and dread if I ever have to deal with online customer service again!  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are truly appalled to learn of your experience while trying to get your son's device replaced, Schelly. Replacing his device should never be this difficult. We'd like to apologize that this happened but are so glad to hear that Kristen was able to fully assist and get things taken care of for you right away. We appreciate you making us aware of this and will submit feedback regarding this experience. This will allow us to look further into this and ensure this does not happen again. Please also feel free to reach out to us here if any future assistance is needed.

DanielleR_VZW 

0 Likes
Ckim_510

Truly appalled.

LOL

Verizon Wireless= WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE INDUSTRY.

Appalled but won't do anything about it. 
Talk is cheap!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Ckim_510,

We certainly don't want you to feel that way. We're glad to help with any concerns. What has you feeling this way? How can we help?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes