Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Worst customer experience!
jSea1

I wanted to share my latest experience with Verizon customer service. After 12 years as a customer and actually telling people they had good customer experience, I would no longer be a customer if I could get out of my contracts (we have 6 phones!). The cliff note version - if you ship back a phone you have no protection as a consumer if the phone is lost within the warehouse.

The longer story: I went with a December promotion for the iPhone 12. Due to COVID concerns, we ordered the phone online and went and picked it up in a store. Since you cannot return a phone to a store unless you buy it there we had to ship it via UPS. After not receiving any type of packaging from Verizon, I asked for a return kit 9 days later. Instead, I was sent an email, told to use  my own packaging, print the label and send it back. I did so within two days (Dec 22)

January - received an email telling me I needed to ship my phone. I chatted with Verizon after tracking the shipment with UPS and confirming it was delivered on the 28th). Direct copy and paste from the chat: 

Verizon Agent

That is correct. So upon checking here that we already have the device so you don't need to worry. There are only delay on scanning due to holidays.

'So the email sent was in error?

Verizon Agent

Please disregard that because we already have the device. That usually happens if we have delays on scanning but that will be corrected.

February - bill still did not reflect credit - called Verizon - told the same as above and to give it one more billing cycle. 

March - bill still did not reflect credit - called Verizon - told they were not sure why the credit had not processed and they would manually process it for me. 

April - bill still did not reflect credit. - chatted with Verizon - told that they received an empty box and that "here's what we can do, I will submit a ticket to investigate as to why the box was empty"

Today - not sure how you "investigate" an empty box, called Verizon. Was told a supervisor would call me. Waited 8 hours.... no phone call. Called again - agent told me that the reason I didn't have a credit was because I didn't qualify based on my "grandfathered unlimited" plan. When asked why it worked for the other trade -in I was told he could no longer help me and he transferred me to the generic customer service number. REALLY! When I talked to the next agent, I was told that the box was empty. When asked why no-one seemed to mention this to me for three months and led me to believe everything was fine, I was told they couldn't determine when the note about the empty box was added to the account, but they assumed it was around Dec 29. Um, thank you for proving my point but you didn't answer the question. 

Here is the real kicker - I was told that since the box was empty and that I couldn't prove I had actually put it in the box, they cannot extend the offer. i.e. I get ZERO credit towards my return. When asked how they could prove they didn't lose it in the warehouse, I was told that "we don't normally do this, but I've done everything I can and give you  50% of the offer".  So basically, since I cannot prove I shipped it (despite the proof of delivery saying the box weighed 4 pounds), I can either take my 50% and be happy, or I can take nothing, be without my old device that I shipped back and pay full price for my new phone! 

Has anyone had the same experience? Did you have a better outcome? Any ideas how I get my credit I am due since I followed their ask 100% but only get a 50% solution?

Re: Worst customer experience!
itpro821

Yes! I bought an iPad Air 4th gen with Apple Care + on Verizon Website. When I got the iPad there was no Apple care+ on my iPad.  I end up calling Verizon 19 times to get some answers. Each time I called Verizon told me that they dont sell Apple care+ and that I didnt buy it even after I told them I have the Verizon Invoice saying I bought Apple Care + with the iPad.  I called Apple they said it a Verizon problem since the Verizon system or a person NEVER sent the info to Apple saying I bought Apple Care. On the 19th call to Verizon they got Apple care on the phone and I had send a copy of the invoice from Verizon saying I bought Apple Care. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Your 12 years as our customer means the world to us.  This issue has gone on for far too long.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

0 Likes
jSea1

Concerned about a scam. The link provided in my personal message receives the following error: 

HTTP header value exceeds the configured limit of 8192 characters

of note - what I had to copy and paste was only 36 characters. If this is not a scam, call me on the cell number you have on the account

0 Likes
jSea1

To continue to add insult to injury. The link sent to me does not work. I've tried contacting Verizon via email, this thread and a PM - no response! I guess they want to create the façade of helping for those that read these threads. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, we can look into this for you. Please send us a Private Note.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We do not have your account to access at this time. With regard to your issues we would need to speak with you in a private message to further assist. In order to better assist please send us a private message to review your account information. 

0 Likes
jSea1

I sent a Private Note yesterday and again today. 

3 messages

‎04-16-2021
I received a request to PM to resolve my ongoing issue with a lost returned phone.    Thank you  
‎04-15-2021
This link takes me to the following:  HTTP header value exceeds the configured limit of 8192 characters
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We certainly want to get to the bottom of this with you. Do you have your submission ID for your trade in?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
madatbilling

i get it they are terrible

0 Likes