Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Worst customer service I've ever experienced!
Ishnick

I've never had to contact verizon support outside of a in-store visit until this week, and I'm beyond upset.

Over the past two days, on two different accounts that I manage,I have received the worst possible customer service I've ever had with any company.

Genuinely looking at getting a new service provider, because I never want to have to deal with your support team ever again.

2 months ago my aunt set up autopay for my grandparent's account, because they were cancelling the card that was on file.  Then a month ago, that payment failed, because they tried to use the cancelled card for autopay. I called in and retried to set up the autopay on the good card AGAIN.  So what happens this month?  My grandmother, who is starting to experience dementia, and has to carry an oxygen machine with a 3 hour battery life had her phone service cut off in the middle of the day while she was out taking care of some business she needed to take care of. 

The reason she has a phone is in case she needs help.  She can call one of us to help her out.

BUT THAT ONLY WORKS WHEN THE PHONE HAS SERVICE

For whatever reason your agents can't figure out how to set up autopay on the right card.  So her phone WAS SHUT OFF WHEN SHE NEEDED US, and when I tried to call at about the 2.5 hour mark, I couldn't get in touch with her, so I had to leave and go search for her. She eventually made it home, but she had been out for 3.5 hours, and spent 30 minutes without a working oxygen machine, and nobody knew where she was to go help her.

Of course, when you try to make a call, you're redirected to the automated, "You must make a payment on your account to restore services." So I did that on her phone at about 6:45pm my time. I access the account using the PIN, and I try to find out why the account isn't getting paid. The girl on the phone tells me I must be my grandfather, or have my grandfather nearby to tell her she can talk to me.  Well, my grandfather is dead, but I have access to the account because I have the PIN number. She tells me she can't help me, and tries to transfer me to another department, but I stop her and tell her that I've been in the account before, I've paid the bill using a good card, and that we've attempted to set up autopay with a good card two months in a row now, so I need to know why things aren't working.  She tells me she needs to get a supervisor, to which I state, that if she's going to get a supervisor I want to be the one that talks to them, so puts me on hold.

I'm on hold for about 5 minutes and the phone starts to ring again, and she answers the phone like its a new call. 

I work in a call center. I know this trick.  She transferred me back into the queue because she didn't want to deal with me, expecting that another agent would get the call.  Well, unfortunately for her she was the only one available to take the call, so she had to ask for the account information again, like a proper new call, so that's how I know she did what she did. Then she asks to speak with my grandfather again to verify that I'm allowed to access the account. To which I have to discuss, again, my grandfather isn't alive.

I told her to connect me to a supervisor. She put me on hold.  At exactly 7:00pm my time, the phone rings again, but YOUR OFFICES CLOSE AT THAT TIME. So I basically got hung up on and I never got to talk to anyone that was able to figure out what was wrong with the account until the next day, so my grandmother didn't have phone service for just about a whole day because of your agents' incompetence and outright rude and disrespectful nature.

-----

Then today I had to spend almost 2 hours in a support chat with another, rude agent that had 0 interest in helping me answer a very simple question.

"How much will it cost to add my grandmother to my plan?"

I had to get a supervisor on the line to get any actual assistance, with an accurate price-point to add her to the account.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR CUSTOMER SUPPORT? 

You should name the department CUSTOMER HARASSMENT because there is no support when you're contacted, whatsoever, without a supervisor on the line.

YOU SHOULD BE EMBARRASSED!

0 Likes
Re: Worst customer service I've ever experienced!
acraftylady2

Why did she not have Verizon set you up as an authorized user on her account before this so you could take care of this  without her needing to be there?   Bad what happened but there are so many people pulling stuff verizon needs to be careful with accounts so can't blame them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Ishnick, this is definitely troubling for me to hear and I want to apologize for the tons of headaches you have been having over the past couple of months.  Your mother having a phone is important to us, especially with the medical concerns and emergencies she has.  It would be devastating to us to lose you from the Verizon family and I am here to turn this around.  I want to set the expectation that you will have to change any Auto Pay cards/accounts on My Verizon.  The steps can be found here: https://www.verizon.com/support/auto-pay-faqs/  It is located at question 7.  If you need more information for transferring your mother's line to your account you can find the information here: https://www.verizon.com/support/transfer-your-service/  I will definitely provide the feedback for the headaches you have been having this is something we never want you to go through and will get this addressed.  Have you been able to get your Auto Pay corrected?  

0 Likes
Ishnick

It's my grandmother, not my mother.  I never mentioned my mother.

Apparently just saying, "Hello, my name is Joe. My PIN is 1234," is enough to get you into Joe's account, so your account security policy is ridiculous.  If I said, "Hello, my name is Ishnick.  The PIN number is 1234."  You'd tell me to go get Joe. So pointless.  I HAVE THE DANG PIN!!  OBVIOUSLY I'M ALLOWED TO ACCESS THE ACCOUNT!!!

So, that's how I handled part of the situation. I called and said I was my grandfather, and made all sorts of changes with the supervisor I got to talk to.  He said he changed the card on file to the new card, and removed the old one for me, so I sure as heck hope I don't have to do whatever is under question 7 of that link you posted. I also added my grandmother as an account manager, and removed my grandfathers phone number from the plan, since he's dead and all, and we've told you that at least 5 times over the last 3 months......

BUT WHY WOULD A COMPANY KEEP TRACK OF THAT KIND OF UNIMPORTANT ACCOUNT INFORMATION ANYWAY, AM I RIGHT!? LOL?!

It was a real shocker once I told the person on the phone, "Oh by the way, the real Joe has passed away, and I'm his grandson.  Thanks for making all of these changes, but I also need to change the ownership of this account to my grandmother due to these circumstances."  They were not able to help me with that.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

If you want to deal with questions about someone else's account over the phone or in person then you need to be assigned as someone who can do that on the account.  My husband is the main account holder but I am authorized to call in and take care of account stuff.  Had myself assigned that from day 1 years ago that way my husband doesn't need to get on the phone when I call.  It's a very simple process and saves a lot of headache like this.  The problem is the crooks made it hard for people that just want to help an elderly person with their account.  I am glad they have this procedure in place to protect accounts.  If someone called claiming to be me and they let them make changes to the account it get info I would not be happy.  I was account manager for all my Moms stuff so I could call and ask questions about bills and stuff  then I didn't have to put her on the phone.

Doggo
Novice

Verizon does not set up autopay for customers. Verizon doesn't even include a way for reps to set up autopay. Legit, only options they have are sending you through an IVR or walking you through My Verizon.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

I am sure the other cell carriers would do the same so not going to matter who you go with if you have this situation again.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Ishnick, we're sorry for your loss. In order to complete a transfer of service, the account manager will need to use this link: https://www.verizon.com/support/transfer-service/overview/ I hope this helps.  ~Aaron

0 Likes