Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Worst customer service experience
mcrisost1999

Been loyal VZW customer for over 15yrs. This last month absolute worst experience - maybe worth closing account.

• Late July, went to store in East Brunswick NJ to check what my options are to upgrade 3-line account with an old "granfathered" plan to new plan + new iPhones
  • Sales rep in store asked for account access to view my options, granted
  • He went ahead and changed my plan - without consent - to 5G Start - in order to see what phones i can get for free / low monthly.  Wrote info down on paper, gave it to me, I went on my way.
  • When I realized he changed the plan a week after, I went back to store to undo and start over.  Original sales rep on vacation, new rep says I should've seen notification of plan change when I left store.  Fine - still didn't consent to change, as I originally wanted both plan and phone upgrade.  He looked at phone upgrade options, gave different info from first rep.  Walked out with nothing again.
  • Called VZW, talked to 3 agents for over an hour - 1st 2 calls got disconnected somehow - and finally got plan reverted back.  But I still had to pay extra on my monthly for the 1 week of 5G retro, plus I saw new upcharges / fees / etc. on my upcoming monthly bill.  I filed a complaint to get them adjusted, still pending.
  • Today I attempted to restart the upgrade process online.  Guess what- same thing happened again. I have 5G unlimited plans with no new phones because
    • after 3 chat attempts I finally got a rep who listed everything I wanted, and sent me a live order review (lov) link to confirm the order.  Link didn't work, kept coming back with "error encountered while processing order" message.  Then got disconnected from chat.
    • Tried to restart session but link expired.  Chatted with new rep, described everything in order - he then changed my plan, and said i can get 3 iphone 13's for free, and gave me link.  Link showed only 1 free iphone 13.  But once again, plan was changed to 5G across all lines with no new phones to show for.  Then, chat got disconnected.
    • Chatted with new rep to undo order - apparently, they can place order but not undo/cancel.  Have to call Customer Care.  Sunday - Customer Care office closed.  Looking forward to spending more phone time tomorrow.

1) Even if/when I grant account access to a rep so he can analyze my account and offer upgrade options - there's no way around this apparently - why do they keep changing plans without owner consent?

2) Why is the projected bill ("New Due Monthly") difficult to understand?  There are terms and charges that do not have any explanation, and customers are just supposed to take them without understanding?

3) I get texts for upgrade discounts, loyalty discounts, etc., but they're not available online.  I have to call customer service to see how they would impact my bottom line. if I want to avail of them when upgrading.  I have to complete the order first, then check if (hope and pray) I can avail of the discounts.  Why can't I see the whole picture in one go so I can make an informed decision?

4) Why is maintaining / upgrading a wireless account this complicated?

0 Likes
Re: Worst customer service experience
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Your 15 plus years with us are truly appreciated! We certainly don't want to lose you as our customer! We have sent you a Private Note to best assist.

-Nikki

0 Likes
nelsjenn

Dear Verizon, we’re having a similar experience, and we have been Verizon customers for 16 years. A couple of days ago, we got an email from you saying that you ordered 2 phones for us, a Kazuna Etalk and an Orbit Journey V. We do NOT WANT THESE PHONES. We need more time to make our decision about what to do next. All your previous messages said we have until the end of December.

The customer service rep on the phone said she couldn’t cancel our order (which is also going to an old address of ours, by the way). She said we’d have to go to the Verizon store.

So today we went to the Verizon store and the rep there said he couldn’t cancel the order either. We would have to wait until we get the box, then drive it over to the store and return it that way.

Can you help us with this? The order hasn’t been shipped yet, so it should be a simple matter to cancel it.

Why are you putting loyal customers through all this aggravation?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

16 years is quite the tenure! We don't want to lose you as our customer! We've sent you a Private Note to best assist.

-Nikki

0 Likes