Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Worst customer service.
Devo21
  1. Verizon has a deal if bring my own device I get a $500 gift card in 45 days with a qualifying premium plan. I submitted all the information needed online on September 3rd, started the transfer of the number and I saw a message that my number will still be working until i receive the new Verizon sim. On September 4th I go online to check my receipts and to verify if I got the promo  code to redeem the $500. The promo code was on the receipt, on September 4th I checked the receipt again and the promo code was gone.  On September the 5th I quickly chatted with a Verizon representative that was not much help, but i ended up adding another line. I called and explained the situation and this is where thing got funky. The number I was porting from Xfinity Mobile was ported on September the 4th and replaced my number in Verizon. I got a message saying "  Welcome to Verizon Your transfer of *** *** **** replaces your current number* I mentioned the message I got to the Verizon representative and he said the messages are automated by the system and not to worry.  After he hung up the phone, my line was gone and i received a messaged from Xfinity mobile that i had cancelled my account with them.  I was planning to cancel the account with xfinity mobile at the end of the month and do the port number myself online. September the 6th i took the day off and went to the store. The representatives were able to get my original back and linked to my smartwatch. I was trying to activate the phone with an e-sim and got an error.  So i decided to use a phone i bought from Facebook market. I still cannot activate the phone. I was on the phone for 4 hours and on chat for 2 hours. They had to send a request for a link to another number that i do not have access. I have to call that person an waste their time when they are working as my number had a few changes and cannot be sued to send those links. I went to the store multiple times and they cannot help me. I am back and forth with technical support, port in department, sales department. Now on September the 7th, I try to activate the note 20 ultra online. I am having issues, i start a chat with a representative who was sending the verification links to another line in my account. I was not asked if i had those lines with me. The links were timed out. I am locked out for 24 hours and now I am asked to go to a store with my ID.  I just need my phone working.  
0 Likes
Re: Worst customer service.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to make sure we get things under control and assist you without having to go anywhere else anymore.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention as it is a top priority that we make you feel welcome to our network and family. I will be sending you a private Note here so that we can review your account details closely.

~Pablo

0 Likes
Mauilucy

I agree with you!  After more than a month of a promised promo, and not receiving it, I found the key.  Verizon’s different support channels do not know what the other is doing.  What you need to do is call 8009220204 to speak to a live agent and ask for an escalation ticket.  Keep the ticket number and follow up.

0 Likes
Devo21

Update. The store was not able to do anything. They had to wait 24 hours to activate the phone with an e-sim. The store could not activate the phone because the line had a pending order. I politely asked to cancel the line I was having issues with as I have been dealing with this issue since Monday and to give me another line with my own phone.  I now have a line, but i had to give up a phone number i had a for a while, because i cannot keep waiting for a ticket. I believe I should be compensated in some type of way. As all of this was caused by the first employee who ported my number without my permission and the other employee who was sending the verification links without confirming I had that line with me. 

0 Likes