Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yet another trade in issue
calizero

Like countless others reporting issues with trade ins, I have been experiencing a nightmare of a situation with trying to get Verizon to uphold their offering. Switched from T-Mobile earlier this year on the promise of $800 credit each for the 2 lines of service we activated. About 3 weeks after sending in the trade in devices I received notification that one qualified for the full $800 but the other was only being offered $81 since they claimed it was not the device I said I would be sending, despite it being the exact device promised with a matching IMEI number to verify this. After hours spent in countless calls, e-mails, live chats, etc and receiving different stories from every rep spoken to I was finally able to get this rectified and the correct $800 applied to the line that they claimed the incorrect device was traded in on. 

Now, however, the other device that was confirmed to have been correct originally is not receiving the credit that was promised. After being told it would take 1 - 2 billing cycles I am now approaching my 4th bill without this credit being applied. Despite having an e-mail confirming the device was received and qualified for credit, when calling the trade in number it now says this device was never received. Numerous calls to Verizon have resulted each time in someone saying "expect it will be fixed in 7 - 10 days and you will get a call to confirm". No one ever calls back, and months later, still dealing with the same thing. Was promised a call back from a supervisor 5 days ago when I last spoke with someone but, of course, no one has called. 

Total bait and switch of a program and horrible service to "support" it. If considering switching to Verizon based on a trade in deal- don't.

Re: Yet another trade in issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It deeply concerns us to hear about what happened, calizero. You are in the right place for us to offer expert help. Since we will need to get into some non-public details, we are sending a private note to discuss this in more detail.

-George

0 Likes
Jayiibo

I’m having an almost identical issue except coming I’m coming from AT&T. I’ve been dealing with this since April with no resolution so far. Every agent has promised it’ll be fixed by the next billing cycle but thats clearly been untrue. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Jayiibo, we'd sent you a Private Note to better assist. 

~Baldo

0 Likes