Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
You have past-due charges remaining on your Verizon account.
armastef

HI,

I have recently moved from Pre-Paid to Post-paid, what an experience. I hope I never have to do that again! I am still paying more than I believe I should as credits are trickling in and I hope this is resolved sooner rather than later.

I have been receiving emails from Verizon saying that I have past-due charges of $29.28 and that I will be reported to the credit agencies if not handled. At first I imagined this being a spam email as I verified that my account was in good standing by looking at the Bill section on my app. When I received the 3rd email I contacted Verizon support, working my way through a maze of options I managed to speak to an live agent, then got transferred to a different department as I alledgedly ended up in the incorrect line despite having contacted the number provided in the email[(866) 266-1445].
After being transferred and explaining my story twice I was able to confirm that my account is in good standing. This was done 9/20.

Today(9/23) I received the same email, despite my concern of the spam/Phishing issue I clicked the pay your bill link and its asking me to login, I will not be doing this as I am not providing my credentials to potential phishing. When I access the Verizon app on my device, I can see that my due date for my bill is upcoming and that my account is in good standing(amount is much larger than $29.28), besides having confirmed this previously with an agent.

My concern here is that I will be reported as having bad debt and I would have no proof that I exhausted all my options to rectify, so I am posting this here for that reason. I am also concerned that this could be a phishing attempt and Verizon is not aware putting some other clients at risk.

There is no reference in the email to refer apart from the last four digits of account number ending in 2265-1 and Verizon using my name, when I provided this to the agents they could not trace the info or even see that an email was sent to me from Verizon.

I hope someone from Verizon sees this and is able to assist and resolve. As I am not wasting anymore of my time contacting a support team when I have done so already.

I have added the text from the email below for reference. Formatting is somewhat off due to image not copying.

Call us to pay your balance. Hi, ARMAND | Account number ending in: 2265-1 You still have charges on your Verizon account.
Although your service has been terminated, there is still an outstanding balance in the amount of $29.28.

If you have already made payment, please disregard this notice.

Please be advised that Verizon Wireless is entitled to report unpaid accounts to the three major consumer credit bureaus. We urge you to take this opportunity to avoid collection agency contact, and/or impact of a negative report to your credit profile. For your convenience, you can call us toll free 24 hours a day at (866) 266-1445 to ask any question or make a payment or by visiting our secure payment website. We accept checks, debit cards and most major credit cards.

Important Credit Reporting Notice: Non-payment may result in Verizon providing negative information related to your account to the credit reporting agencies.

Pay your Bill > [this is a link in the original email]

Thanks for choosing Verizon Wireless.

Regards

Armand Steffens

0 Likes
Re: You have past-due charges remaining on your Verizon account.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Armand. Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here at Verizon Wireless Social Chat, my name is Bee. I appreciate you reaching out about this. Based off the information you provided, this account referenced is being handled by Financial Services. If they say your account is in good standing, then it won't go to collections. Do you have any questions about this?

*Bee

0 Likes
armastef

Thank you for the response. My concern is that I am getting at least one call a day from Verizon and one email about this. The call plays a message saying, " This is a call for (blank) when they are available please press blah blah blah" the (blank) is free space almost like I requested a callback but never recorded a name?!. 

I eventually managed to log a ticket to which I still have no response to 5507775407.  When I spoke with the last agent they advised me to add Verizon to my spam filter and block the calls, that is not a solution to me.

0 Likes
armastef

Just received an email from Verizon claiming that they will attempt to recover charges by charging my credit card as part of their backup payment agreement. I speak to people who claim Inowe nothing but yet they now going to charge my card. I would reverse it in the hope someone contacts me but we all know that's not gonna happen. It's a losing battle for me no matter which way I turn!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'll send you a private note.

*Carla

0 Likes
armastef

I was reached out by Verizon to resolve the issue and they did a sterling job! Thank you  - sometimes speaking to people makes the difference.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Awesome! I am so glad to hear that our team was able to take care of you, and get this sorted out. I hope you have a great rest of your day!*Alfredo

0 Likes