Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Your current plan is no longer offered, so you will not be able to return to it if you change plans.
vzboi

I have an unlimited 5G start family plan ($35/line with autopay) with 4 lines. I wanted to upgrade one line to 5G Get More ($55/line with autopay). When I go to the confirmation/last page it says - "Your current plan is no longer offered, so you will not be able to return to it if you change plans."

What does it mean? The $35 plan is obviously still being offered. I am not planing to switch back, at least not for a while. But in case I do, I won't be able to?

I did get a $500 gift card when I switched to verizon using BYOD. This offer had since expired for $35 plan and is now only available for $45 and $55 plan, AFAIK.

That is the only thing I can think of, but it raises more questions on - "you will not be able to return to it." I should be able to switch back to a cheaper plan but they might charge me for the $500 gift card. Fine print:

We reserve the right to charge the amount of the Verizon Gift Card to your Verizon Wireless account if service is canceled within 12 months, change your price plan from an eligible unlimited plan, or upgrade your device on a device payment plan regardless of activation or not.

So does this mean I have to be on the $55 plan once I upgrade (at least of 12 months), otherwise they will charge me for it?

I have found Verizon support to be absolutely terrible when it comes to answering such questions, and well, their web UI and phone support speaks for itself.

Does anyone has any idea what it means?

TLDR: I might have answered my own question, but still need to confirm. Can I switch back to a cheaper unlimited plan after upgrading to an expensive one.

0 Likes
Re: Your current plan is no longer offered, so you will no
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello vzboi,

We apologize for any confusion and want to help. If you are taking advantage of any promotion or rebate that has a specific price plan requirement, if you change to a disqualifying plan you would lose the promotion or rebate. 

When you change your plan, you can only change to a plan that we currently have on offer. You would not be able to change to an older plan that is no longer available. Our Start Unlimited plan is still being offered. To receive the $35 price for the Start Unlimited plan, you need to have 4 or more lines and be on AutoPay (debit card or check) with Paperless Billing. Does this help answer your questions?

-Christopher

0 Likes
vzboi

Thanks Christopher.

I do not have any other promotion or rebate applied to my own line except the $500 gift card which is still applicable for the 5G Get More plan ($55/line). So I am also assuming even if I change my 5G Starter plan to 5G Get More (i.e. just one line), other lines will not be affected in terms of their own promotions or rebates. Is that correct?

Also need some clarification on:

1. Does "Get More" plan qualify for the BYOD $500 promotion which was already availed for Starter plan? If so, I should be able to change my plan without losing the $500 promotion?

2. Why does it say "Your current plan is no longer offered, so you will not be able to return to it if you change plans" when I go to the confirmation/last page? I understand that this could most likely be a generic message, but still am I missing something here?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to make sure no stone is unturned, and we want to take a deeper look to ensure you do not lose any discounts. Please send us a Private Note, so we may be able to assist.

*Gert

0 Likes
vzboi

A private note was sent 3 days ago at alias vzw_customer_support.

No response yet.

Please address this ASAP.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

vzboi, 

I am sorry for the confusion. We understand your concern and want to be as transparent as possible regarding any promotions you have. 

As previously mentioned, our current unlimited plans still include the Start Unlimited plan. Verizon has recently updated our unlimited plans, which include the same features as before as well as the cost, but are now named 5G. For instance, the previous Start Unlimited plan and the previous Get More Unlimited plan. The updated versions of these plans are now named 5G Start Unlimited and 5G Get More Unlimited. So the message you are receiving is advising the previous version of the Start Unlimited that you are currently on is no longer available, however, yes, if you choose to change your plan back down to the 5G Start Unlimited plan, you will be able to.

In terms of your BYOD $500.00 gift card for switching to Verizon, I cannot speak specifically to that promotion without confirming which exact offer you had signed up for and reviewing the eligibility requirements without viewing your account. I can confirm that if you already qualified for the offer with the current Start Unlimited plan, changing to the 5G Get More Unlimited plan and then later changing back to the 5G Start Unlimited plan should have no affect on the offer you have already received.

I have reviewed your previous Private Note, but I am sorry it is not allowing us to respond to it. If you would like for us to review account details, please send us another Private Note.

-Mark

0 Likes
vzboi

I have opened a support ticket for this.

These portals are being managed by verizon only and yet all I hear are excuses. I understand that my account number might not be visible, but not even being able to respond is just ridiculous.

From support ticket: The support personnel says there should be no issues changing back to the 5G start plan, also BYOD offer will still be there after changing the plan.

Will update this again if Verizon does NOT honor this in the future.

0 Likes