Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
after iOS 14.8 updated, my iPhone data connection become extremely slow
Charing

condition:

1. before iOS 14.8, my iPhone 12 pro could have "5GUW" icon and the data connection speed test is over 1,000 Mbps (download). The signal is full bars.

2. After updating to iOS 14.8, there is no "5GUW" anymore and the data connection speed test is less than 100 MBps (download) at the same spot. The signal is full bars.

3. Right now, sitting in my dinning room, on 15 floor, by the lake in City Chicago, 5G signal is only one or two bars; sometime, it shifts to LTE with two bars at most. The data connection speed is less than 20 Mbps (download) and 3-6 Mbps (upload).

4. I have followed the instruction to reset my iphone setting from Verizon, but, the situation is the same. (The worse thing is I need to re-type all WIFI passcodes and Apple Pay info.)

Any thought?

0 Likes
Re: after iOS 14.8 updated, my iPhone data connection become extremely slow
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We appreciate those details with your signal fluctuating, Charing. I understand you've reset your network settings to help with this, so were there any other troubleshooting steps you've tried on the phone? *Zaak

0 Likes
Re: after iOS 14.8 updated, my iPhone data connection become extremely slow
Charing

Hi, Zaak, thanks.

I chatted with another agent yesterday and she will fellow up with me. She was trying to get me a LTE Network Extender sent to my address. However, that device is out of stock. She will text me tomorrow and keep me posted regarding when she (Verizon) could send out that device. We did run through many tests yesterday and the extender is the solution.

0 Likes