Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
authorization code required every login
Lana1

Everytime I go to sign in through the web I need to type in an authorization pin that will be sent to my phone. How do I stop the authorization pin to sign in? I don't always have my phone when trying to sign in.

Re: authorization code required every login
boringusername

have it sent to your e-mail

R44Raven2

Same here.  What good is our user name and password if we have to have an authoriztion code everyting we get online to pay our bill??  Thankfully it's only once a month unless we need to view our account for some reason.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We understand how pesky it can be when you just want to check something, and then have to verify the Secure PIN. It sounds like you have the Two Factor Autherization set up. This is a great security mesure, however, you can disable it if you want. Here are the steps on how to do so:

1. My Verizon, select Profile > Personal & Security Information > Enhanced Authentication.
2. Go to Require Authentication, select Off then select Save Changes.

Please keep in mind that this is something the Account Owner must update. Please let us know if you have any issues. We look forward to getting this resolved. 

ElizabethC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
boringusername

It's an added layer of protection. You do realize someone could get your username and password. And this has happened many times in the past to customers.

0 Likes
cheryl13

I have checked my profile and it already has enhanced authentication set to "off."  Yet, it required me to get a pin to log into the website.  And I had to have it sent THREE TIMES.  It was a horrible pain.

Why is it doing this?

fbpettis1

This setting does not appear to do anything.  Being logged out every 5 minutes and having to get a code every time is terrible. I get we want security, but we should be able to at least have the option to remember the system or only need to verify with code every so often.  There is a balance between security and useability.

maxbear

Check to see if you are usng the private mode on your phone when browsing. I had the same issue until I realized I was in private mode. 

0 Likes
fairydust2020

I have tried that and it does not work- I have also talked to tier 2 tech support.  A ticket was generated and the issue was resolved for about one month then back to the same.  It is very, very annoying!! now I cannot even get it sent to my phone! I get a message on my phone stating that someone is attempting to access my account!    YES  IT'S ME!!!    this needs to be resolved

Tags (1)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Let’s get to the bottom of this login issue.  We are here to help.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

SeanC_VZW