Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
being charged for a non returned device.
ewing999

After upgrading to edge I packaged my old phone and sent it back using Verizon's supplied box and prepaid return label via FedEx. I am now being told I will be charged for not returning my device. What's going on here?

Labels (1)
Re: being charged for a non returned device.
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Did you check the tracking number to confirm it was received? Give this tracking number to CS. If you are still being charged, simply file suit in small claims court.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

ewing999,

We definitely do not want you to be charged. How long after receiving the Edge device did you package and return your old device? Has the charge already shown up on your bill or did you just receive the text about the device not yet being received?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ewing999

I have contacted Verizon in the past about the claim that my old device was not returned when I upgraded to edge. I am at my wits end with Verizon as my carrier due to this. I placed the phone in the box my droid turbo came in, applied the fedex label verizon supplied for return and placed it in a drop box approximately 1 week after receiving my new phone. To this day Verizon claims it has not received it and now is charging me over $300 for an HTC rezound! That is outrageous to charge over 10 times what the device is actually worth! On one of my calls to customer service I offered to send in an identical device from one of my other lines I expected to hear back if that was acceptable or not but received no reply. I'm starting to think my device was purposely misplaced just so Verizon could charge me that obscene amount on a next to worthless device. I expect this issue to be resolved 1 of 3 ways. 1, Verizon accepts that they lost my device which I think could be verifiable by the tracking number on the return label you provided and remove the charge from my bill. I'm sure Verizon has record of it. I however can't find my copy. 2, Verizon allows me to send an identical htz rezound to replace the one that you say was not received and remove the charge from my bill. I can even throw in an HTC droid incredible and from Verizon's reasoning that a rezound is worth over $300 the incredible should be worth another $250! 3, Verizon charges me for the device anyway at which time I will pay all fees necessary to sever all contracts i currently have with verizon and switch to AT&T. I have been a loyal customer for many years and if Verizon is unwilling to work it out with me I'll have no choice but to leave. Please forward this through as many supervisors as needed till someone can make a determination to what course of action need be taken. I don't wish to have multiple email sessions back and forth as I have already lost my patience with this. Should option 3 be the resolution to this I will also make this and all emails following from both partys very public and file formal complaints with the BBB. Looking forward to a timely response. From a very disgusted customer, Mr. Ewing

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for the details ewing999! Allow us to look deeper into this. If you can send us a private message then we can customize a solution for you.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ewing999

If you didn't receive the original HTC rezound I was to return then an identical HTC rezound from one of my other lines should be able to resolve this issue. Please let me know if this is agreeable.

0 Likes
ewing999

How do I private message you?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader
0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

How To: Direct Message  and  ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
ewing999

I keep getting the message I don't have permissions to access content

0 Likes