Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bought phone at best buy - lost by UPS - cant cancel lease...
horsestuff

I bought a phone at best buy on sat.  only they didn't have what I wanted so they offered to ship to my house 2-day.  I decided to lease phone not pay outright - first time ever.  

Phone still hasn't arrived (5-6 days).  Best buy said nothing we can do about it call UPS.  UPS online says "in transit".  UPS phone rep says lost.  give us your email we will send you a link in 15 min to track "lost" investigation which will take 1-8 business days.   2 hrs. later no link via email.   Called again.  2 hrs later STILL no link via email. 

What do I do now.  I'm paying $24/month to Verizon for leased phone that never arrived, and UPS can't find (Best buy says call UPS UPS says call best buy).  I need to buy another phone asap as my current phone is busted.

please help with strategy.  thank you

0 Likes
Re: bought phone at best buy - lost by UPS - cant cancel lease...
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

It's not a lease, it's a retail sales agreement purchase.  
Scroll down to where it says 'how and when to dispute charges'

https://www.verizonwireless.com/legal/notices/customer-agreement/

And I would lean on Best Buy.  Until it's delivered, it's not your problem.  File a BBB complaint if you need to.

0 Likes
horsestuff

thank you.   in the meantime am I 'allowed' to order a new phone ?  my "upgrade" has been used up by the lost phone. 

The phone i bought from best buy is lost and gone.  neither best buy nor UPS have any interest in finding it.  Best buy says I can't cancel the order until the phone is found.  If it is ever found and in my hands I can't cancel the order because it's being paid for over 2 year period via "retail sales agreement." 

UPS told me twice that they started an official investigation but they haven't.   I have to call and start the whole thing over again today.   If I don't there is nothing to trigger them looking for it.  According to their tracking system it's on its way. 

I'm 61 yrs old - former business owner - former professor - can't figure out how to handle this problem.   Anyway thank you for your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am sorry to learn that your phone has been lost in transit, horsestuff. It is concerning that UPS is not filing the claim as they should be. Have you tried to file a claim via their website here http://spr.ly/66061ygTQ?

TionnaB_VZW

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@horsestuff   Until your upgrade is reset, you won't be able to buy with installments.  

0 Likes
horsestuff

Thank you Tiona.  I am trying to file a claim through UPS but they locked my account out after 3 login mistakes.   When I get this part figured out, what am I filing a claim for?    I don't own the phone, Verizon does. - the only $ I put out was $69 I paid for sales tax.  

0 Likes
horsestuff

how do I reset my upgrade?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@horsestuff   Best Buy is the shipper, they should be filing the lost item, and also refund your sales tax and cancel the sale.  That should reset your upgrade status.  
Why is this getting dumped on you?   ☹️

0 Likes
horsestuff

Thank you Mama23dogs (lucky girl!)

I don't know why they are all dumping this on me ... it makes no sense...   my sister is going to take this over for me - I have brain injury and have hit a wall trying to figure this out.  I will forward what you just said to her.  thank you so much.  you have no idea how much this will help.

sincerely,   mama1dog,5chickens,2horses...

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@horsestuff wrote:

Thank you Mama23dogs (lucky girl!)

I don't know why they are all dumping this on me ... it makes no sense...   my sister is going to take this over for me - I have brain injury and have hit a wall trying to figure this out.  I will forward what you just said to her.  thank you so much.  you have no idea how much this will help.

sincerely,   mama1dog,5chickens,2horses...

Agree, no sense, glad you have help.  Tell sis to tear Best Buy a new one.   
Nice menagerie!   

0 Likes