Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
can't generate Number Transfer PIN
samfan2669

I am trying to generate a Number Transfer PIN.  I have tried both from the desktop and Android version of My Verizon.  In the case of the desktop site, I get the message "something went wrong".  In the case of the Android app I get a screen that has blank spaces where there should be a Number Transfer PIN.

I went on chat with customer support and we spent a half hour sending me IMs with links to attempt to regenerate the PIN.  Nothing worked.  Then the CSR asked me to close and re-open my browser which I did - still no PIN.

What do I do?

0 Likes
Re: can't generate Number Transfer PIN
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're sad to see you go, but we're happy to help you get one. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance*Melissa

0 Likes
drfallin29

I am having the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We'd never want to see you go to another carrier. I do want to help. Here is a link to more information. https://www.verizon.com/support/port-out-faqs/ Let us know if you need further assistance. 

-Carter

0 Likes
CRISPOE

I ma having the same issue - cannot get a pin - I keep getting "please wait while we process your request"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

CRISPOE-

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with that transfer PIN. You can also request one by dialing #PORT, here are more details https://www.verizon.com/support/port-out-faqs/

-Angie

0 Likes
Llynara

That link is NO help whatsoever! Just runs people in circles. I've tried online, on the app on my phone. I've tried calling the #PORT , and tried calling customer service. Got the runaround every single time! Customer service gave me a recording that they're closed, even though the hours say they're open from 8am- 9pm Monday through Sunday! Absolutely ridiculous! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We appreciate the update. Are you able to send us a private note for further assistance?

*Alexis

0 Likes
cbrown8995

Getting the same runaround in circles as everyone else complains about with acquiring this PIN. I've tried calling the #PORT via my phone, with Verizon App on my phone and logged in, all is good. Also logged in on my Mac here in my office. Each login recognizes the other, yet each of them keep sending me in circles. One tells me to use the phone, then the phone tells me to handle online. NEITHER WORKS. I'm glad I'm leaving Verizon! This is a nightmare!

0 Likes