Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
can't receive texts
Bohnwagner

I switched from Virgin to Verizon and received my phone a few days ago.  It was sending texts as emails. I sent the phone back and received my second phone yesterday.  This one will send texts no problem, but now I'm not receiving any - from any source.  I have already cleared the cache, cleared the data, powered down the phone, and checked that notifications are set properly.  How can I correct this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: can't receive texts
colinh_vzw
Verizon Employee

Bohnwagner,

Being able to text properly is essential, and we want to make sure this is corrected for you. Was your number ported from Virgin, or did you start a new one with Verizon? If you happened to port, please use the following link to check on your port status: Transfer Your Phone Number | Switch to Verizon Wireless

Also, what make and model device are you using?

Colin H_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bohnwagner

This is a Verizon Motorola g6 play - the same phone I was using with

Virgin. My number was ported. When I click your link I immediately get the

message "an unexpected error has occurred" but I think that is with regard

to the Verizon site, not the number. I've been having difficulty with the

site. I can sign in but get error messages when I try to use any links for

my account. Maybe this is an issue with my account?

By the way, my husband's Verizon phone (the same as the first phone I

bought) and number (which was ported from Virgin at the same time) works

perfectly: phone, text, & internet.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

I'm so sorry that you're having issues with our website and accessing your account Bohnwagner. Thanks for trying those steps.Are you able to view all the information for your account via My-Verizon, or are there specific hyper links and information that are not showing up?  You can also call our port department at 1-(888)-844-7095. Does service work at all on your old phone with the previous carrier? Are you able to make/receive calls and use data on your phone with us? I would like you to reset the network settings. I will list the steps below.

By performing the steps below, the following are cleared or restored to default values:

• Cellular and Wi-Fi network settings (including saved networks and passwords)
  • Bluetooth®
  1. From a Home screen, tap the Arrow up icon Up arrow icon to display all apps.
  2. Navigate: Settings Settings icon > System System icon > Reset.
  3. Tap Network settings reset.
  4. Tap Reset settings ( at the bottom).
    Note If prompted, enter the PIN, password or pattern.
  5. To confirm, tap Reset settings.

Keep us posted. Our next step will be to check the features on your line via our system.

KinquanaH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bohnwagner

1. When I sign in to My Verizon I get a screen that says, "My Dashboard"

and "add an account" underneath it. No other info or links. When I click

"add an account" it asks me my account or mobile #. I don't know my

account # so I enter the mobile number, do the recapcha, then I get a

screen that says "Oops, looks like something went wrong. Come back later."

I've been getting that message since my initial registration.

2. There is no service to my Virgin phone - phone, text, or data. The

Verizon phone is sending texts, but I'm not receiving the replies. I

performed the network reset and it is still sending texts but not receiving

them.

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 12:49 PM KinquanaH_VZW <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
natashaa_vzw
Verizon Employee

Bohnwager, I definitely appreciate this information as it does help. Which browser are you using to gain access to our site? IE, Chrome, Firefox? Do you know by chance if your account is a prepaid account? What do you experience with your calls and data usage on the Motorola device?

NatashaA_VZW

0 Likes
Bohnwagner

I finally called tech support and got the messaging problem corrected.

I still can't do anything with the website, though, and can't log in to the

MyVerizon app either. If I try to log into the app as a current user it

doesn't recognize my phone number. If I try to log in as a new user it

says that the account already exists.

On my computer I'm using Chrome and yes, it is a prepaid account.

On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 10:46 AM natashaa_vzw <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
doloresk_vzw
Verizon Employee

Bohnwagner, we are happy to learn the messaging issue is now resolved. It must be great to have those messages flowing again. Now for the My Verizon Online account, at this time we don't have access to make any adjustments. However, we have a team ready to assist you at 888-294-6804. I'm confident they will be able to help with your online account. As for the phone app, have you tried to remove it and then add it back?

DeloresK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes