Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
contract
taunya43

How do I know if my plan is under contract

0 Likes
Re: contract
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We always want our customers to know all information regarding their plans, taunya43. We are here to help. 

We have never had contract requirements for plans. However, contracts in the past were associated with purchasing a new phone at a discounted cost. Since that has not be available for a few years now, there are no contracts on phones now.

The only lines that would have a contract are tablets, some smartwatches, or other connected devices like HUM. If you do not have any of those products purchased under a 2 year contract recently, then there is no contract to worry about.

Was there any particular reason why you were asking about a contract?

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
glitchedpixel

@taunya43 wrote:

Plans don't have contracts.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@taunya43 wrote:

Good grief, you got some less than helpful answers.   The plan itself would not have any contract.   In years past there was an option for a two-year contract for a particular line of service, which was tied to a discounted phone upgrade. Discounted phone upgrades are no longer being offered and haven’t been in three years. This means what you might have associated with one or more of your lines as an installment agreement. You can read about your installment agreements on your monthly bill. This will tell you how many months you have had the installment and how many are left till you can upgrade.  

There is no longer an early upgrade option without paying off all of your previous installments.

0 Likes