Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
contract
xdjsx1

I want to end my contract because its too mich for me to pay and i dont have the money to keep up with the bill. Is there any way I can be able to end my contract?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: contract
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

xdjsx1 wrote:

Is there any way I can be able to end my contract?

Yes, you can either call CS or stop by a Verizon corporate store to terminate your account. As has been already stated, you will be liable for the ETF or remaining Edge payments if on an Edge plan.

If you want to keep your number and transfer to another provider, you would initiate the termination by porting your number to the new provider. Simply contact the new provider and they will take care of the port. If you plan on cancelling via this method, do not contact Verizon to initiate the termination as that would cause you to lose your number.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

If you sever the contract, you will owe money depending on your situation:

If you have an Edge Payment agreement, you will owe the rest of the cost of the phone(s) you have

If you have a 24 month contract, you will owe an Early Termination Fee (ETF) depending on how much time is left in your contract.

You can't just "end" the contract with no consequences.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

xdjsx1 wrote:

Is there any way I can be able to end my contract?

Yes, you can either call CS or stop by a Verizon corporate store to terminate your account. As has been already stated, you will be liable for the ETF or remaining Edge payments if on an Edge plan.

If you want to keep your number and transfer to another provider, you would initiate the termination by porting your number to the new provider. Simply contact the new provider and they will take care of the port. If you plan on cancelling via this method, do not contact Verizon to initiate the termination as that would cause you to lose your number.

0 Likes
xdjsx1

So say i wanted to switch to prepaid.. say boost? Could i do that.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Not sure what you mean.

Of course you can switch to whomever you would like. If you mean transfer your current number to Boost, you could certainly find out by contacting Boost.

0 Likes
xdjsx1

What i mean is I was reading online and i could switch from contract to prepaid. I wanted to know how that would work.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

You have to be out of contract if you want to switch from VZW postpaid to VZW prepaid.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

sprmankalel
Leader

Don't have to be out of contract but switching to prepay or any other carrier will require the payment of the ETF.

xdjsx1, the lowest smartphone plan is $60 monthly or basic phone is $35. Either switch to the $60 smartphone plan and keep you mobile data usage under 1GB for a month or find a basic phone and switch to the $35 700minute plan. You'll get unlimited texting either way.

0 Likes
dad_of_2

Also with postpaid, if you have a basic phone, Verizon is offering $10 off per month for that line, so the more everything 700min plan would be $30-$10=$25...less the prepaid.

0 Likes
amberf_vzw
Verizon Employee

xdjsx1,

I can understand wanting to save money! We love you! We will miss you if you would leave us! We have all kinds of plans available for you! What plan are you currently on now? What you can do is an analysis by gonig here: How do I check usage analysis reports | Verizon Wireless to make sure you are on the right plan and start saving money! We want to make it as simple as possible for you and you can change your plan here: Change Minutes, Text and Data FAQs | Verizon Wireless .

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes