Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
data usage widget not updating
tangles

iOS 9.3 on an iPhone 5S.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (and reactivating) the My Verizon app on my phone, but it doesn't seem like the data usage widget is updating automatically anymore.

I remember this being a problem a few versions ago and they resolved it in an update, but it appears broken again.  Am I the only one in this camp?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: data usage widget not updating
tangles

So far it looks like the widget is updating again since the new version was installed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Chris, being able to monitor your data usage is important, we will help get you back on track. Tell me more about why it seems the app is not performing as it should? When did you download the update?

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tangles

Tell me more about why it seems the app is not performing as it should?

When I look at the notification screen on my phone, often the date/time stamp for the Verizon data stats are old.  If I click on it, it takes me to the app and my account and the totals are off.  After closing the app, the widget is updated again.  Same symptoms as before when the app was broken and identified by Verizon as a bug.

When did you download the update?

Two days ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for the details. Are you getting any type of error code when trying to use the application? Having any difficulties with any other feature?
LauraL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tangles

Are you getting any type of error code when trying to use the application?

No.

Having any difficulties with any other feature?

No.  I really only have this app installed to track data usage and don't use it for much else.

0 Likes
tangles

Here's a screenshot taken this morning (3/27/2016)  You can see that the datestamp for the data usage widget is stale.

verizon_data_bug.jpg

How frequently is this widget supposed to update?  Also, what is the timezone it should be displaying?  I ask the second question because after I reinstalled it, it appears it was not showing Pacific timezone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

tangles, we will get this working properly for you. I have an iPhone and I use that widget all the time. Let’s check out the settings on the phone to ensure that the background app refresh is turned on. Settings>My Verizon>Turn on “Background App Refresh”. Let us know how this works.
ZangY_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

tangles

The settings were already enabled.

Cellular data: on

Background app refresh:  on

0 Likes
tangles

Any update on this?  I've most recently applied iOS 9.3.1 but still having the issue.  The widget hasn't updated today at all.  Still shows yesterday's date.

0 Likes
tangles

New version of the app installed this morning.  I'll see how things progress with this version.

0 Likes