Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
device can't be activated on another carrier's network right now
DianeMWard

Hi, I have been trying to change from Verizon to a different carrier.  I put in the new SIM card and ported my number over to the new carrier. My phone now has a message "the device can't be activated on another carrier's network right now.   Contact Verizon."  I have four times (3 days and Hours of on hold and conversation!) been trying to get my phone to work.  Verizon is telling me that since I got a phone from Asurian (insurance to replace a defective phone) last September, they (Verizon) put a hold on my phone until July 10th because I put in a new SIM.  I put the new SIM card in June 29th.  I see there is an order pending for a permenant disconnect effective July 10th.  No one at Verizon can tell me how they came up with that date.  Supposedly my phone will begin to work at some point on July 10th.  Meanwhile I have NO SERVICE for 12 days...and all they can say is, there is nothing they can do about it.  HELP!!

0 Likes
Re: device can't be activated on another carrier's network right now
Tigerstep

Does your cycle close on the 10th? Anything that causes a disconnect like a port out is tied to the last day of the cycle.

0 Likes
minky2

The issue occurs when the sim for the new carrier is inserted into the phone.  At that point Verizon has no access to the phone so the message is coming from the phone itself.  I cancelled my port and switched back to verizon and the phone works on verizon only.  since I own the phone I should be able to port to any other carrier that will accept me.  I have not been able to find anyone at verizon that can explain what the issue is.  I have no account issues and have been assured by verizon the "phone" is not restricted in any way. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, minky2.  We want to ensure you receive the help you need to resolve this issue. We are sending you a Private Note to assist you further.

*Cassie

0 Likes
acraftylady2

So even with the number transfer pin the port doesn't work?

https://www.verizon.com/support/port-out-faqs/

0 Likes