Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
how do I stop getting messages on mifi
pamdon

When there is a message on my mifi, it slows down considerably.  So I want to cancel any messages to that unit.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how do I stop getting messages on mifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

pamdon, we certainly want you to have full control of your MiFi. Let’s work together to find a solution. What’s the make/model of the MiFi? Has it always been like this when you receive a message on the MiFi?

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pamdon

It's a Verizon Jetpack® 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MHS291L,  It's always been like this.  I think I found out how to stop getting Verizon alerts but since our data plan just started over, I'll have to wait 2-3 weeks to see if it works.  But if there is a way to get rid of other random text messages that come in, that would be nice.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I understand wanting to make sure that you don't have slow speeds. Does this happen everywhere you go?

JosephT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
pamdon

This is how we get to the Internet from home since we don't have FIOS or DSL or cable choices.  So primarily, this is from home.  i don't remember if a message has come in when we are traveling.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

pamdon, thanks for those details. Here's a 2nd pair of eyes to look into this text messaging matter. Are you referring to the usage alert messages? You can have alerts sent to your device regarding the current usage for that line. To create or change a My Verizon alert, you will need access your account online at My Verizon to edit the alerts and notifications. Click http://vz.to/2aqEmCu for more information regarding this messaging option.

Lasina_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gina1058

I just started to get text messages on my jetpack recently! In the years I have had it I have never gotten any. these are not from verizon but from random strangers at gmail usually. It is a Verizon MiFi7730L-F5B0. It is really getting irritating!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I can completely understand your being annoyed by receiving the text messages on your MiFi device. I would become annoyed as well. I'm glad that you wrote us. We can place a Text Messaging Block on the MiFi line. We would just need to access the account to complete this process. 

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Please note, the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:http://spr.ly/6001H7NVZ

0 Likes