Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
how to get phone unlocked
burnsway

how do I get my Lg3 unlocked from verizon

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: how to get phone unlocked
Ann154
Expert
Expert

The postpaid devices are already unlocked. Prepaid devices are a slightly different story. Device Unlocking Policy | About Verizon

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Expert
Expert

The postpaid devices are already unlocked. Prepaid devices are a slightly different story. Device Unlocking Policy | About Verizon

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

It should already be "unlocked" from Verizon. That doesn't mean it would be compatible with the provider you want to use it on. The Verizon version of this phone may not support all of the frequencies needed in order to work on the provider of your choice. That is the problem when a manufacturer makes different versions of the same phone in order to be used on different providers.

Radio frequencies available on the Verizon version of the LG G3 would be

GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, CDMA 1.9 GHz CDMA PCS/800 MHz CDMA, LTE Bands 4/13*

Radio frequencies available on the AT&T version of the LG G3 would be

GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 850/1900/2100, LTE Bands 2/4/5/17/29, Roaming 1/3/7, and CA*

As you can see, although they are the "called" the same thing, LG G3, they are NOT the same device and even though the device may be unlocked it may not be compatible with the same carriers.

Some manufacturers no longer have this practice and input the same frequencies into all of their devices. Examples would include iPhones and Pixel devices. I am sure that some other manufacturers may also do the same. Whether or not LG currently includes all frequencies, they did not do so in 2014 with the LG G3 was released.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

burnsway, we hold the key to providing the best wireless experience possible on our network, for that device. However, you will need to contact your local wireless carrier to assist you with unlocking that phone to work on their service. I trust thta they will be able to further assist you.

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jyk333
Novice

That's not true anymore

0 Likes
tmw8706

I'm trying to switch to Verizon with my own phone and ATT has locked it. Is there a way around this? I need the unlock code for my Verizon Sim to work. These are my phones that I paid cash for and brought to ATT from Sprint. They should of never locked them.

0 Likes
tmw8706

By the way, I activated 3 of our phones, but there are 2 that need the unlock code. All 5 phones are own my me. I had no contract, just a monthly plan with ATT.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

You have to request that AT&T unlock the phone. Verizon Wireless can't assist you with that. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes