Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
iPhone 14 order on hold - At a total loss
justins567

Stop me if you've heard this joke!   

So I, same as many from a quick search am infinitely stuck in the pre order /order -- order on hold loop of simply trying to order a couple iPhone 14 pro max's for my wife and I. 

I've posted about this elsewhere in the community and can easily find posts of people in the exact same boat, like lets be honest did any Verizon customers actually get new iPhones this year? ,

but lets do a recap just for posterities sake --- 

1. Pre order for iPhones opened Sept 9th.   Placed an order for 2 upgrades to iPhone 14 pro max's on our account.  enter my CC and everything is fine. 
A. Monday Sept 12th I think it was - get an email  " your order is on hold due to payment method failure please update or try a new method"   re enter my CC   everything seems fine. 
B. Sept 18th get a new notice my order is on hold cause my CC failed again  (mind you my CC is just fine, verified this several times) 
C. Sept 19 - chat support,  they conclude we should cancel the Sept 9th order and place a new order.. ok fine - CC fails this time and rep can see it fail for no specified reason on their side.   So she sets the order to bill to my account so we avoid this whole payment fail problem. 

Come Sept 23 I think - get an email   my order is on hold  payment failed... AGAIN!!!   use the chat to speak to a rep  explain the situation... he says my order is fine and its set to bill to my account assures me everything will be fine. 

Fast forward two weeks - in my Verizon order still says on hold - at this point ive asked several reps why it still says on hold -- they all assure me YOUR ORDER IS FINE IT WILL SHIP BY 10/14.     

figuring the device should show action the night of 10/12 to be received by 10/14  i see nothing happen  chat a new rep  after an hour he comes back "well I'm not sure what's wrong with your order, but I can put in a support ticket for our back office to get back to you and investigate --- ok great sure. 

Morning of 10/13 - 7am i get a email  Order Cancelled.   - call the number for order support provided in this thread -  "ooo we are sorry "the system" automatically cancelled your order and i cant see why"

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!?!   at this point I'm just embarrassed - this has just become insulting. 

10/13 - after spending 2+ hours on the phone with 3 separate reps - we have placed a new order using my CC (which mind you had issues approving, no error why... but i can set it to apple pay and it approves  no issues seen by the bank) rep checked the order after it was placed and kept telling me "everything looks perfect on my end" - and the rep claims he has submitted a "jump the line form" so that i maybe get my device before some time in Nov........

so at this point - I'm basically back to square 0 - no new devices - a headache from the stress of this, and a wager that in 2-3 days ill get another great email that my order for a 3rd time is ON HOLD..........

Lets fast forward to today  10/19 -  There still has been no valid action on my order. I've attempted to reach out to Verizon DAILY at this point and its just ridiculous.  No one can find notes on my account and each new person i talk to i have to explain this ALL OVER AGAIN and AGAIN and Again.   At this point there are multiple tickets, multiple jump the line forms submitted, and the best answer i have gotten from anyone is " Your order appears to be processing at this time and will ship on or around Nov 11. Unfortunately due to demand we cant expediate this order"

At this point i am so burned out from the lie's, deception, misinformation, constantly explaining my situation over and over.  No one has an answer and i feel like no one actually cares anymore

BTW Verizon   do a quick search of your own community for "order on hold"  -- You'll very quickly realize you have a pretty serious issue upsetting a lot of people. 

Let me go ahead and just throw you a bone with a few examples.

Here -- Order Failures & No Resolution - Verizon Community

Here - iPhone 14 pro max order on hold and Verizon can’t/... - Verizon Community

Here - Order on Hold and Unable to Update Payment - Verizon Community

Here - Order on hold for payment update but can't update ... - Verizon Community

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 14 order on hold - At a total loss
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're truly disappointed to learn of your experience with trying to get your iPhone 14 Pros, justins567. I would be just as frustrated. Getting a new phone is exciting, and we'd like to apologize that this has been such an issue for you. We're glad to hear a new order has been placed with an expected ship date of November 11th. If you need to check the order status for the new order, you can use this link, http://spr.ly/6608Mldq6. We unfortunately, would not be able to push up the order date with the iPhone. We'd like to apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.   -Danielle

0 Likes
justins567

I don't find that to be an adequate or appropriate answer especially for those of us who pre ordered on the day of and expected delivery on release day.    As Verizon is the entity the cancelled both my order and forced me to create a 3rd order ultimately pushing my expected receive date out 2 months past release - I would expect Verizon as a company committed to its customer to make this situation right. 

If i cancelled my order id understand this response,  but when its your reps, and your systems cancelling, this is not acceptable.   being as this is a proven consistent problem for several customers other then myself it should be escalated to the highest point and made visible that you have left your customers extremely dissatisfied. 

0 Likes
justins567

And such the saga continues …  this has actually reached a level that is beyond out of control

the night of 10/21 around 7pm guess what I got.  An email stating “your order is on hold due to payment failure”.    Mind you, this is after MULTIPLE REPS “your order is fine, everything is confirmed and perfect”.  LIES ALL LIES! 

So at this point, I follow the direction in the email to yet again update my payment method. - which it seems to have only charged me half of my order?   This time I used a family members card, one that has not been used with Verizon in the past - I was able to see the charge go through.  -  but guess what.  ORDER IS STILL ON HOLD.

I truly give up at this point. 

0 Likes
justins567

adding to this as it continues....    Today - Monday 10/24  around 9am I get a call from Verizon's automated service regarding my order being on hold and needing to update my payment info.    Keep in mind I already updated this on Friday night when i got the email..   charge as gone through even and is no longer pending.      At the current time my order still appears to be on hold  

Can anyone from Verizon that monitors these forums please reach out and address this..  i am really not understanding why its so hard... 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to ensure this is resolved ASAP.  A private message is being to asssist you further.

-Sean

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Let's check on this order together now.  Please authenticate your account using the link below.

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services, so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note that the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:http://spr.ly/6005MoHy7

-Sean

0 Likes
justins567

_ sean   you sent the message in the thread and the link is not working. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hey, justins567! Please join me in a more Secure Channel, so we can take a look into this. 

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services, so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note that the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:http://spr.ly/6002MUz4G

*Aly

0 Likes