Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
iPhone Trade in Issue
Kathrynrr

I have had a horrible experience with Verizon's trade in program.   I was suppose to get an $800 trade in credit for my iPhone.  I waited to received my shipping materials and they never came.  It turned out when I updated my address with Verizon, it never stuck.  I attempted to fix my shipping address AGAIN. The Verizon page kept giving me errors. I contact customer service via chat.  I requested my address be updated and that the shipping materials be sent again. I was reassured that it was taken care of.  Once again, no shipping materials returned. Finally, I printed the shipping label and dropped the package off at UPS.  I have confirmation from UPS that it arrived to the facility in Fort Worth, however Verizon shows the status as "Trade in initiated".  I ran into issue after issue with this trade in, making the entire thing seem like a trick. Verizon's process to manage the trade-in issues is completely unacceptable. This should be corrected immediately. 

0 Likes
Re: iPhone Trade in Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Kathrynrr, 

We are so sorry for the trouble with your trade-in. I assure you that it is never our intention to make this difficult for you. We want to correct this. Let's dig a litrtle deeper. We are sending you a Private Note. Please reply to that. 

-Jenelle

0 Likes
Kathrynrr

For anyone else reading this post.  Verizon was able to get ahold of me and resolve this issue today.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Kathrynrr. We are very happy to hear that this inquiry has been resolved for you. We are always happy to assist here. We appreciate your patience with this and thank you so much for being a great Verizon Wireless customer! 

-Brett

0 Likes