Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
iPhone Trade in Promotional Credit Not Honored
Encinitas1

After many hours of phone calls and many escalation tickets that have been canceled, I'm now voicing my concern here. I sent two iPhones to Verizon in May to receive two iPhone 13s as part of their promotion. However, since then I have been billed by Verizon for the new phones. I even have a submission id that states Verizon received both phones. Every time I call a customer service representative I have to replay the story, they make an escalation ticket, they promise it will be fixed, yet Verizon later cancels the ticket. When I ask to speak to a manager, they send me to the tech department and/or someone hangs up on me and never calls me back.

I've been a Verizon customer for 20 years, paid my bills on time, never complained about anything, yet somehow I'm stuck in this purgatory of paying for phones that I shouldn't have to pay for. I've also attempted to go to the Verizon store to receive help, but they say they don't help with this. It seems crazy to have to pay for a phone that I paid for via my trade in.

I've been calling since May regarding this. I'm told one thing on the phone by a service rep that the matter will be fixed, but once I hang up the escalation ticket is canceled. Below is an email I received from Verizon. However, I haven't heard back from them and when I called regarding this they said the ticket was canceled.

To our Valued Customer, We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. As discussed through chat, we have processed a form in order for the credits to be applied and corrected on the account. We appreciate the information you have provided. We have also documented the account including the link you have provided as reference that the trade-in devices were all recieved. Aside from this email, you will be receiving another email once the correction has been applied. After that, all the credits that was not applied on the previous month will reflect as an adjustment on your bill. We appreciate you patience and understanding on this.

0 Likes
Re: iPhone Trade in Promotional Credit Not Honored
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Encinitas! We are extremely saddened to learn that you have gone through so much regarding your trade-in. We are here to assist in any way we possibly can. Please send us a Private Message for immediate assistance. We're looking forward to working with you!

*Kay

0 Likes
Encinitas1

In case people are reading this and are having the same problem, it still hasn't been resolved. They keep making tickets and canceling them. Generally what happens is they make the ticket, get me off the phone or chat, and later cancel it a few business days later. As a 20 year customer this is very frustrating.

Verizon has my phones but can't find them (or doesn't care to), yet I have to pay for new phones and I don't have my old phones.

0 Likes
Encinitas1

I STILL HAVE NO RESOLUTION FOR THIS. The submission id for the trade in even says Verizon received the phones, but I am still paying for the new phones and I am not in possession of the old phones (nor can I go to the Verizon wireless warehouse to find said phones). After many years as a Verizon customer, it is very frustrating that I am being treated this way, being lied to that this will be sorted out (but later when I hang up they cancel my tickets). I did everything on my end correct (reset the devices, packaged them up, etc.). In fact, both phones were in exceptional condition, but here I am paying for Verizon's mistakes!

0 Likes
Encinitas1

I still have NO resolution for this even though I have this:

Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 3.55.26 PM.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Encinitas1. We're sorry to read that you're having trouble with your credit, and we'd love to help. Please respond to our private note to get started.  ~Aaron

0 Likes