Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
inability of Verizon to account for payment resulting in canceled order for upgrade
thalakottur

Good morning,

I am writing this because I believe this is more prevalent of an issue than just my case.  Verizon offered my an upgrade, that I promptly took them up on.  Order placed on 15 Sep order#6484534, location code E248201.  I was required to make a small payment as part of the upgrade, which I did, using the only credit card I use for these purposes.  Promised delivery date was 30 Sep.  On the 23rd, Verizon emailed me at midnight claiming that my  payment didn't go through and I need to update my payment.  I am a little confused why it took them seven days to figure this out.  Regardless, I updated the payment within hours of getting that email with a different payment method (and this transaction posted).  However, my MyVerizon App won't show this updated payment.  I called Verizon reps twice, once on the 23rd and again on the 27th of September to confirm they received the payment and my order was still being processed.  On BOTH occasions they assured me that they had received payment and my phone would still be delivered on Sep 30th.  On the 30th of Sep, I called and asked about status of delivery.  I was told that "our payment systems aren't talking to the other systems" and unfortunately this order is still on hold.  All they could do was cancel the order and submit another order with a delay of an additional 3 weeks and they couldn't promise me the model I wanted.  When I asked for a supervisor, I was passed around from agent to agent with some of the best explanations given to me as follows:

1.  You didn't accept the terms and conditions when you placed the order, that is why you didn't get your phone on time. (just to add insult to injury...)

2.  I am sorry I see your payment, but since my other system doesn't see the payment, this order will stay on hold.

3.  I wish we weren't dealing with technology, technology makes mistakes ( I had to remind the lovely lady that she works for a technology company.

Six lines with Verizon, I take them on an offer THEY made to me to trade in my phone, and this is the end result.  I am sure there are other technology companies who can handle this process better.   

You may have not lost a customer yet, but you lost an advocate and possibly a customer and six lines.

R

0 Likes