Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lost my eligibility for promotions
thomase00

After seeing a $12/month price increase on my 8GB shared data plan, I had discussions with customer service and decided to change my account from 3 lines on 8GB shared data plan (with 4GB bonus data), to 3 lines on unlimited.

I have an Android phone, and the 2 other lines are iPhones. I put my Android line on 5G Play More for the extra hotspot data, and my wife and daughter's iPhones on 5G Start. I also wanted to have at least 1 line with 5G Play more for the Disney+ Bundle. However, since I'm more interested in Apple Arcade than Google Play pass (I have an iPad and can share the Apple Arcade subscription with my family), I asked Verizon customer service on the phone if I would be free to choose the Apple Arcade "included in plan" offer in lieu of the Google Play Pass offer regardless of the device associated with the service line. I was told this shouldn't be a problem, so I changed my plan.

After changing the plan, I discovered that what I was told was incorrect and that my only available offers on the account were for Google Play Pass "included in plan" and Apple Arcade "6 months on us". This was because the offer was tied to the type of the device on the line with the plan. I called customer service again and discussed solutions, but ultimately they couldn't do anything to change this, despite what the original customer service rep had told me before I changed plans. They did suggest that I could switch my Android phone to an iPhone or switch the 5G Play More plan to one of the iPhone lines, in which cased I would be eligible for the free Apple Arcade "included in plan" offer to which 5G Play More subscribers are entitled.

I have not yet "claimed" any of the promotional offers on my account, for fear of making an undesirable irrevocable change.

Tonight, I decided to switch my wife's iPhone to 5G Play More and "downgrade" my Android line to 5G Start (i'm willing to give up the hotspot data to my wife). I expected to now see an offer for Apple Arcade "included in plan" and Google Play Pass "6 months on us", but instead Apple Arcade is still only "6 months on us" and I am now TOTALLY ineligible for any Google Play Pass offer (not even "6 months on us").

Initially, I thought maybe the system needs to a day to update, but I decided to contact customer service via Live Chat because phone agent hours are over for the evening and this is bothering me. Live Chat was totally unhelpful and ultimately pointed me to some fine print that MAYBE implies that changing your plan COULD make you ineligible for Apple Arcade and/or Google Play offers.

Can someone help? I'm seriously contemplating cancelling my service entirely and switching to different carrier because of this headache. I was given ambiguous and incorrect information TWICE by live phone customer service which apparently has led me to inadvertently disqualify myself for offers that I would otherwise be entitled to. 

0 Likes
Re: lost my eligibility for promotions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We certainly don't want to see you go, Thomase00. I can see what is going on with your Google Play Pass. Have you taken advantage of it before? What error are you getting? Please meet me in a private message. 

-Amber

0 Likes
Re: lost my eligibility for promotions
thomase00

Just got off the phone with customer service. They were able to get us enrolled in the fully included Apple Arcade (or at least sent the link to my wife's phone), but are encountering an error enrolling me in 6 months of Google Play Pass. They are escalating the issue. They acknowledge that I should be entitled to this.

0 Likes