Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
missing new line credit
cwalsh1

Help!  I bought a new phone at verizon.com in December 13th. 

The promo was for a new iphone 12 at $5/00 per month for new lines only.

When I put it in my cart, the price jumped to 24.99/month.  The rep I was chatting with (an agent named Pureesh) assured me the credit of $19.99/month would be issued in the 3rd month of billing and continue moving forward and there would also be a retroactive credit of 39.98 for the previous 2 months that would also be applied.  

I contacted an agent via chat last month to be sure everything was in order and they couldn't find the promotional credit.  After about 1 1/2 hours, she finally found it and assured me it would be applied to my next bill.  

Here I am in the 3th month and still no credit.   I went to my verizon account on line and checked next month's bill.  STILL no credit.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?  Has your credit come through?  How long did it take? It seemed really fishy to me and went against my instincts not to get anything in writing and now I feel my instincts were right.  (although I did save my second chat)

My husband and I are due for new phones but unless they follow through on their previous offer, we are going to shop elsewhere for them.  

Any help or reassurance would be appreciated at this point.  Thank you all!

0 Likes
Re: missing new line credit
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We know how important it is for your promotion to run smoothly. Was the device added with a new line of service? Was there a trade in requirement for the promotion?

*Ellisandra

0 Likes
cwalsh1

no.  It was a new line promotion without a trade in requirement.

I have a copy of the chat I had last month with your agent.  Is there an email address I can send it to?  The agent said she found the promotion and put in a "promo correction ticket" to assure I get the credit I am owed.  I asked her what it would be and she said "starting with next months bill you will see a $19.99/month credit.  Also on the next months bill you will see a retroactive credit of $39.98."

I haven't seen any of these.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We appreciate these details, cwalsh1. When we submit a promotion correction ticket, it can take 1-2 billing cycles for the ticket to be reviewed and if found eligible, for the promotion to be added to the account. When a promotion is added back, you receive all back months credits as well.

Which specific iPhone 12 model were you purchasing? Were you porting over a number from another company, or getting a new number? What plan do you have for this line? Were you financing at 24, 30 or 36 months?

-Christopher

0 Likes