Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
msg+ and conversation history.
xonnia
Enthusiast

Hey there, my phone recently reset so I decided to try msg+ and was excited to see it downloaded my msg history...only not all of it.  Is there a way for it to download all of it?  And can I change how long it stores messages?  The convos it did download don't have a full history of the convo.   I thought previously when I used msg + there was a setting that said "never delete old msgs"  or "keep unlimited msgs"   but i can't find it now. 

0 Likes
Re: msg+ and conversation history.
Ann154
Super User
Super User

The Verizon Messages+ application will only save and restore 90 days worth of messages. If you need to backup more of your messages, then you should consider using one of the several SMS Backup applications available in the Google Play Store. They can backup all your messages and save them on your phone or to a cloud storage folder or both. 

I happen to use one and have for years. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore

If you are using Apple and iOS, then you should see if there are similar solutions available. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: msg+ and conversation history.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We know getting all your messages is pretty essential, xonnia. Message+ can restore messages synced in the last 90 days. Please go to the settings from the side-menu in Message+ and go to your Conversation settings to ensure those settings are on for keeping your messages and no limits. ZakC_VZW

0 Likes