Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
new phone shipped to wrong address
CHRYOU98

So I had to buy a new phone because my old one broke. Out of town for work, changed the shipping address when placing the order...ordered the phone, within minutes the email confirmation was received with the incorrect address. Called customer service, gave them the info, was told phone would be shipped to correct address. Next morning, checked tracking, still showing wrong address, called again, was told it would be rerouted and yes a ticket was sent to Fedex. Next day, phone tracking shows it was in the wrong state, called again, was told a ticket to change address was never done by Verizon customer service. Lady then said she would do it. Next day, same old status, tracking shows out for delivery to the wrong address, I called Verizon again, was told a ticket was never input, but that it would be done now and that it may or may not work. Asked why they lied to me the previous 3 days, no response. I then called the shipper Fedex and they said they just received a ticket...Verizon lies, period...their customer service people will flat out lie to you and then tell you there is nothing they can do for you...

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: new phone shipped to wrong address
tylerk_vzw
Verizon Employee

I'd like to clarify. If your shipping address is wrong or needs updated, you would need to notify us of this issue so we can get the ball rolling with correcting the address. Delayed shipments are common, but the phone will still arrive at the correct address. You do not need to be an employee or moderator here on the forums to do this.

Have you received your device? Please let us know if we can help you further.

TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

CHRYOU98- we are sorry to hear about your experience. We want to make sure that you get your device to the correct address. Would it be fine to send you a Private Message so that we can continue assisting you?

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Leader

It takes 24-48 hours for the ticket to be sent from VZW to FedEx. Why didn't you just go to a Verizon Wireless store? They are all over the place.

0 Likes
CHRYOU98

I'm working in the middle of "nowhere" working 7 days a week 12 hour days

with little to no time to get to a store. Nice idea, but entirely feasible.

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 8:37 AM, sprmankalel <forums@verizonwireless.com>

sprmankalel
Leader

As far as I know, the shipping of phones must go to the address on the account. This is the best of my knowledge. Imaging if someone hacked your account and ordered phones to a different address.

0 Likes
CHRYOU98

That's not even close to be correct...an option in placing an order is to

change the shipping address. That's done after verifying multiple layers of

login security...

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 8:47 AM, sprmankalel <forums@verizonwireless.com>

sprmankalel
Leader

You're welcome for trying to figure out why you didn't get what you wanted.

I am sure that it was an option the system would have accepted the ship to address.

Also, you may have inadvertently overridden the ship to address by checking a box that said shipping address is same as billing address.

In either case it isn't very easy to re-route a shipment once it has left Verizon's hands and any delays are due to FedEx's policies NOT Verizon's.

0 Likes
CHRYOU98

Thanks for commenting, but no value from anything you stated. And

'rerouting' is not easy, but correcting their mistake before it was shipped

(which was done within 5 minutes of order being placed) is easy to do...You

must be the Verizon [Removed] for the community board...

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 9:05 AM, sprmankalel <forums@verizonwireless.com>

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

CHRYOU98,

Upgrading your phone should be a smooth & exciting process. I regret this has not been the case. Whenever you do contact to have the shipping address changed, you are right, it should be done the very first time. In some cases, it can delay the shipment by a day or so, but the ticket would correct the shipping address. My apologies that this was not done. Since you have posted this, have you received your new phone? I am going to send you a Private Message so that further assist you. Please message me back in the Private Message to continue. Thank you!

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!"

sprmankalel
Leader

I don't know how many times I have to explain that I do not work for Verizon. I draw no monetary compensation from this company.

How do you know it was Verizon's mistake? Who said it wasn't yours?

0 Likes