Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
online order and customer service complaint
jesperanca

Ordered a replacement phone online this morning for store pickup.  Received an email that payment method failed and here is the link to fix it.  No problem, used paypal and it can be flaky.  Used my credit card, seemed to go through no problem.  Checked my order again and still said the payment needed to be addressed, but my bank shows a hold for the correct amount from Verizon.  Called, got to internet sales after almost an hour of hold time.  Rep said no problem, we see the payment went through and we'll release the order.  

2 hours later, still no change.  Start a chat with customer service, they fall back to I need to pay again.  Sorry no, you already locked my money up.  After a bunch of back and fourth that went no where, requested a call.  when the agent came on asked for a supervisor.  Finally got to Kelly.  Payment is the hang up, still, and I need to pay an additional $95 because I am over the spending limit for the account.  This is story number three for the day.  this will be the only phone financed with spotless credit.  She finally goes back and gets the limit release, but I still have to pay the initial amount already on hold at the bank, no way!  She states the problem is with my bank then, not Verizon.  But she could fix it and I could still pick up the phone today if I give her another payment method!  why!  but would be nice enough to wave the activation fee.  Order is now canceled.

Called my bank, shows two charges to verizon, first didnt get the hold but no issue with payment, second verizon has the hold on and it went through without issue.  so more lies from Verizon.

Account still shows the order open, even though they have assured me it has been canceled.  Best they can do is text me a confirmation that it is canceled, email isnt an option.  

Very frustrating day

Re: online order and customer service complaint
jesperanca

I called again, asked for a supervisor.  As usual agent tried to "help" and had to reexplain.  they assured me they never received any money.  My bank says differently.  Agent told me the supervisor was busy and would call me back.  No call, but what did I expect.  9PM i get an email that my order was canceled and a refund would be processed.  So, just so I'm clear, the order that was canceled and confirmed multiple times on Friday is now canceled and the money Verizon never got will be credited in up to 72 hours!! What the actual fudge Verizon!  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely want to ensure we get this settled once and for all. We've sent you a Private Message for further assistance. Thank you for your continued patience. 

0 Likes
Tigerstep

Don't bother getting your phone from a carrier. Last two purchased for this account were from Amazon and directly through Google respectively.

Last time in years I give Verizon a chance to order and the experience nearly caused me to switch.

0 Likes
jesperanca

WASTE OF TIME!!!  spent an hour on chat this morning because I got a message they wanted to help.  Found the money they supposedly never took, but its in process and will be refunded by 4/11.  funny how I got an email that said the order was canceled on 4/5 and would be refunded in 72 hours or less, that's today.  This order was confirmed canceled by four reps on 4/2.  I am starting to realize the reps really don't do anything, the automated system must do it all, the 4/5 cancelation was when the order would time out.  And the best part is the rep told me management cant do anything to speed this along so basically, don't bother.  

The lesson out of this?  All Verizon customer service will do is raise your blood pressure and waste time.  completely useless and the lies and false hope continue.

0 Likes
jesperanca

only reason I even traded in and upgraded is they would take a broken phone.  I guess I know the real cost of that deal now....

0 Likes
jesperanca

Still no resolution.  Refund was supposed to post yesterday, no big surprise, no refund yet.  Called and got through first agent, demanded a supervisor, waited 35 min, at almost the end of the call with first agent asked for my card number because they were processing the refund now.  Demanded the supervisor again, who in that call said they cant refund to a card only service.  But the refund on my card should hit in 10-15 days!!!  why!!  I have an email from them that says in 72 hours!  Scheduled a call with a manager, they set the appointment at 9:30 am my time, 12:30 eastern, no call back!!!!  but what did I expect?  Every person is a different story, different lie, different blow off, or redirection.  I guess they are just confirming VERIZON DOESNT CARE ABOUT YOU!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This is definitely not how we want our customers to feel. We absolutely want to help get to the bottom of this issue. Please send us a Private Message so that we may help look into this in detail. 

0 Likes
PaulBoon

YOU GUYS USE THIS LINE ON EVERYONE.. when will you actually reply once we send private messages?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

There are many ways to contact us to resolve account concerns, complaints, or comments, PaulBoon. This particular forum is primarily a peer-to-peer forum, so there are often delays in our replies. It is upsetting to hear that your Private Notes to us have gone unanswered. Since you have commented in two different community threads, we will send this response to both threads. You may reply to our Private Note (or to each one sent to each thread) or, for more timely discussion of your issues, contact us in a different way https://www.verizon.com/support/contact-us/. Either way, we are eager and willing to help you resolve the matter at hand.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes