Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
online trade in a scam???
swan-4

I purchased a new phone on November 28 (Thanksgiving Black Friday deal) I did the trade in offer Verizon had online for $400 for my iphone 6s. I have not received any instructions on how to return the phone for my credit just that the find my phone needs to be off. I have called Verizon twice to inquire about this. I called the very next day 11/29/19 and spoke with a James who assured me that all was good and they were just backed up due to high volume orders. I called again a few days later and was told that all was good, and to be patient but that if she initiated the tradein it would mess up since I had done the trade in online. I am now VERY concerned that this was some kind of bait and switch tactic. When I ordered the phone I tried to call to verify, but office was closed. I also tried several times to chat which was not working either. Please let me know how to complete my trade in for the $400 credit that was the deal when i did my upgrade on 11/28/19.

I took screen shots of the trade in date stamp and time stamp.  Is this some kind of cruddy VERIZON SCAM???? I had a bad feeling when I placed order, but was reassured the next day.  Now I'm feeling like it was a total bait-switch add and I'm now left with a $1200 purchase that was supposed to be MUCH less!

So I have no one that can help me because when I call or go to store, they say that since this was an on-line order they can't help me get the shipping box to complete my trade in. The chat doesn't work. I have sent my details via messenger, but what the heck?!  THIS IS garbage!!!!!!!!!

Re: online trade in a scam???
Jnldonofrio

Totally a scam I sent my iPhone 6s back it was in perfect condition and they sent me an 18 dollar gift card when I called and said what happened to the 400 dollars they said the promotion was entered wrong and they will correct it ..it’s now almost March and every time I call they are filling out the same paper to correct the promotion it’s going around in circles so frustrating they are just waiting for me to give up .. speaking to someone right now and the same nonsense soon going to

pull all 4 phone lines a switch to att after being a customer of Verizon for over 20 years getting treated like garbage

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Your loyalty for the past 2 decades means the world to us and we would hate to see you leave our family. We sent you a Private Note to discuss this further in private.

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are here to help with the trade-in promotion that you've been having problems with for the past couple of months. Please bring us up to speed to be on the same page. Did you ever receive any follow up on the previous investigation and did we ever mention why the promotion was not applied? What resolution did you receive on the interaction you described in the message 2 days ago? How's everything with your Verizon service? 

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
yeret1

Im having same issue. No box no instructions as to how to send my old note 9 in to them. Runaround. Trading a phone in should be simple. Theyre asking me to submit trade in request but it either does not work, or it says my phone has already been traded in. That is not working. Over 4 hours spent on this issue. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to ensure that everything is quick and easy to do with your account, yeret1. Normally, a trade-in request is done through My Verizon, and we send a trade-in kit to you for shipping the phone back to us. Was the trade-in part of another order or something else?

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes