Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
penalized for paying early
mcclent

Anyone else frustrated with this new thing verizon is doing with auto pay.  The agreement with verizon in order to get the discount is to sign up for auto pay and paper-free billing; this is what I have done.  I set-up auto pay however, I too wanted to use a credit card and was advised by a verizon rep to just pay ahead of the auto pay posting.  I was doing this for sometime and still received the auto pay discount because the agreement for the discount was to sign up for auto pay.  Recently, I received a 15.00 late fee (this is how it showed up on my bill).  I spoke with a verizon rep and was told it was due to not being in compliance with their auto pay service.  The verizon rep said that a least a portion of your bill must go through auto pay and i said okay.  So on my next bill i paid only a portion of my bill ahead of time and let auto pay process the rest and still received a 15.00 fee on my bill.  I was never notified of the change and I think it should be honored as I pay my bill early.  Why not offer customers who pay early the discount?  I was told that the purpose of auto pay was to keep bills consistent and to ensure bills are paid on time.  I am meeting both those objectives therefore the discount should be applied even if i pay my bill early.  How crazy does it sound that I am receiving a fee or being penalized for paying my bill early.  

Re: penalized for paying early
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

@mcclent wrote:

How crazy does it sound that I am receiving a fee or being penalized for paying my bill early.  

Not crazy at all seeing as you are paying early with a CC instead of the debit card or checking account required to receive the discount AND Verizon is eating the fee that the CC company is charging Verizon to accept the CC.

I also used to do what you are now trying to do in order to get the points benefit on my credit card. Verizon has since closed that loophole and I stopped doing it as the points benefit on my CC is not as great as the $40/month I save by being signed up for autopay with a checking account.

You simply have to choose which benefit is more important to you. Being able to pay with a CC and receive whatever benefit your CC company gives you OR accept the discount from Verizon on your bill. For me, it was a no-brainer. 

0 Likes
Re: penalized for paying early
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We appreciate your feedback. It is valuable, and we want to thank you for providing it. It will be lifted up to management. 

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes