Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phone/line should have been deleted 2 years ago. Not getting ANY help.
Labrat1960

Background:  My son moved to Europe in June 2018.  My son got a new phone in Europe with a carrier there.  I called customer service to cancel his phone and line in july.  The agent said she would need to suspend the phone until october 2018 until the service term was up and then it would be deleted.  I saw that she did suspend it.  It seemed like it was deleted on my nov 2018 bill.  So I thought everything was fine.

So I log into my account  on 2/7/2021 to upgrade my own phone and find that my son's phone is still there, it is activated and I'm being charged 24 dollars a month for the line.  It now says the phone is "unregistered".  I noticed it hadn't been used at all.  

Of course, I want to know why it was active (especially if it's now unregistered), who in verizon reactivated it, why I still have the other line,  and for how long I've been paying for it, and can it be deleted?  

So I start a text chat online with Verizon at about 10pm.  They said they would look into it.  I was on there for almost 3 hours mostly waiting.  I would check in every once in a while and after a long sometimes 30 minute delay they would  just say still working on it.  I would ask if making progress and they said "definitely".  Finally at 12:45am I asked for updates and said I needed to go to bed soon.  No response .  So at 1:08 am I finally quit. So here I am writing.

I get the impression that they weren't really doing anything about my problem once it seemed like a mistake on their end.  I'm not even sure I had the same person the whole way.  Or the poor person was trying to work on 500 people at once and couldn't get back to me.  Either way, this is very disappointing to get NO resolution or even answers after 3 hours. 

0 Likes
Re: phone/line should have been deleted 2 years ago. Not getting ANY help.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It's important to us to ensure all customers receive a satisfactory solution to situations like this and we have agents standing by to help. Please, Private Message us so that we can take a look at your account. - NicholasS_VZW

0 Likes