Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poor data reception
Mc49285

My wife and I each bought a Samsung Galaxy S9+ to use prepaid.  Recently my wife could not open apps that opened instantly for me.  She recalled dropping the phone, I assumed broken internal antenna. I bought her a Samsung S10 and the same issue started happening right away with that phone and I sent the phone back to Back Market.  I bought another used S10 from Amazon and that phone too suffered poor data reception.  So I swapped her S10 for my S9+, same issue for her. 

Things I understand that I should mention. This happens in rural areas of marginal reception and I understand that there could be an effect from seat to seat in a vehicle, but this happens repeatedly in different areas.  Th e constant difference is that I always drive the vehicle and there are times when neither of us has reception.

I am wondering if we each have a profile with Verizon that could be tweaked to fix this weird problem. Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Re: poor data reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Mc49285
Thank you for reaching out to us! We are sorry to hear you are having difficulty with your device. Do you have an existing account with us? If so, we would be glad to assist with troubleshooting.
Please feel free to send us a Private Note here in the forums, or you can reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter DM's on our verified pages, where we are available 24/7.

*Celeste

0 Likes
Mc49285

Okay, will contact you on Twitter. Very helpful there in the past.

0 Likes
Mc49285

Okay, we sorted this out and it is rather silly and avoidable with a bit of programming.

Within the MyVerizon app, when a person has a family plan, it is displayed as shown in the image.  Obviously we have Michael's phone and the phone of the unnamed second user.  Except that is not really what is what. The unnamed phone is Michael's phone and the phone named Michael is Donna's phone. Paying $11.20 for some extra data resolved the problem. Sorted out with help from the Saginaw store employees, who figured out (Michael)Donna was out of data. Solve this by improving the My Verizon app to allow users to edit device names.  Not certain of the logic of having a second phone added to Michael's account to be named Michael, but I am certain it was a good idea at the time. Thanks.

Screenshot_20220620-071315_My Verizon.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Mc49285,

I'm very glad that was able to be sorted out. We want to make sure everything goes smoothly for you and we are always here to help. I hope you have a great rest of your day. 

-Andrew

0 Likes