Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
"My Verizon Mobile" app hangs, won't start up.
Obligato

My My Verzion Mobile app won't launch for the past few days. It hangs. I've tried force stop, clearing data, uninstalling updates. Nothing Works.If I wait long enough I get a "communications" error message saying I should check my network connection. But I am definitely connected. Please help.

Labels (1)
Re: "My Verizon Mobile" app hangs, won't start up.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Obligato,

The My Verizon Mobile app is an awesome option we definitely want you to have. Managing your account on the go is super convenient. We're glad to help with this. What type of device do you have? When did this start?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Obligato

I have an Android phone, a Samsung S4. I have encountered this problem for only the past couple of days.

0 Likes
LDPweaver

I have the same problem with my galaxy s5. Did the same things that Obligato did. Its been happening for last day or so.

0 Likes
Obligato

Perhaps there is a problem with the app.

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 11:07 AM, LDPweaver <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Gosh, typically clearing the MyVerizon app data and uninstalling/reinstalling updates does the trick, LDPweaver. We’re sorry this was not the case in this instance. Let’s kick this troubleshooting up a notch. What is the device software version and build number on the S5? Does this happen on both mobile data and Wi-Fi?
Here is how to find the version: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-97648/

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

LDPweaver

The app is working now. All my other apps were working fine. So the issue must have been with the network.

0 Likes
Obligato

Working for me too. Must have been an app issue.

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 12:22 PM, LDPweaver <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
bigjohn21

Same problem with an Iphone 11 and an older iphone 5C

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We certainly want our My Verizon app to work for you, bigjohn21. We are here to help.

Have you tried re-installing the app on your phones? If prompted for a phone number, please make sure to only sign in with the actual phone number of the phone itself.

Also, have you tested the app with and without Wi-Fi On?

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes