Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
"Payment can't be processed"
In2Caps

What the heck? I get a message a few minutes before 7 p.m. that my mobile payment can't be processed. Same notice in the app. Makes no sense. I'm signed up for Auto Pay and my card tied to it hasn't changed and doesn't expire until 2022. AND, it's my bank card for an account that has a lot more money in it than what Verizon needs. And, of course phone support closed at 7 p.m. and I've been sitting waiting for a chat rep now for 20 minutes. Has this every happened to anyone? Not feeling right now like Verizon knows what it's doing. Makes me nervous when they have my card information on file. Nothing changed on my end.

Re: "Payment can't be processed"
mchaggiss

I'm in the same boat. No problems on my end as far as $ in bank and verified my billing is correct.  I called, actually got someone on the phone, but they didn't know if there was (is) a current billing issue. I used to work for vzw about 10 years ago and have seen billing issues like this before.  It would just be nice to know if in fact this is one, and second that they are or aren't going to attempt to try again to take a payment. online chat is useless and no one has responded to me. i feel this may be the point at which in port out. the customer service has gone downhill going down since i was downsized out.  id say contact your local store tomorrow that's what i'll be doing.  Good luck

toddboard

Same issue.  Same card as for 2+ years, expiry not for several years, got some totally inactionable "problem processing your payment" email.  Double-checked no mysterious change in my CC info, same as it ever was.

Anyone at VzW on duty and able to help?  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@mchaggiss

I'm so sorry to learn of your recent Auto Pay payment problem, and we definitely don't want to lose you as a loyal customer over this. Allow me to help.

I will send you a Private Message so that we can address this billing concern together.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
jeffadams477

I had the same issue but I ahve no problems with the staff I spoke with on the phone.  What I was told is that they needed to update the CVV number on the back of my credit card.  This confused me because it's the same card and nothing changed, including the CVV number.  I was able to get my payment processed but I would like to know why a CVV update is triggered for something that didn't change?  Why does the customer need to spend time on this?  I don't want to spend 2 - 3 hours just trying to pay my bill in the future.  Does anybody know if this CVV update issue is actually something that needs to be done?  And if so, why?

0 Likes
In2Caps

I see no message from you. I'll enter the quagmire of Verizon support again shortly.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am sorry for the inconvenience as we always want to make your payment transactions worry-free. Tehre were some technical difficulties occuring on the 15th. Were you able to manually process the transaction at this time? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are sorry about the inconvenience the update has caused but glad to hear everything was able to be taken care of, jeffadams477. Although the card did not change, we appreciate you re-applying it and do not foresee this being a reoccurring issue.

0 Likes
In2Caps

I did not manually re-add the card or do a manual payment. I told Verizon it wasn't my job to do work because they had technical issues. Suddenly they figured out a way to charge the existing card after all the next day as I figured they would.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

In2Caps, as a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too. Being able to access your account is essential, and we apologize for your inconvenience. Let's continue working together. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we'll need your permission to gain access. Please check your Inbox as we've sent a Private Message to you regarding on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

- RobertC_VZW

0 Likes