Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spending limit is absurd
meanian

I've been in contact with financial services for weeks now, and they always say that they will email/contact someone and they will get back to me but no one did. 3 weeks later, I talked to a rep and she told me that there's no possible way to increase my credit limit. 

That's the thing I dont understand with verizon. I've had T-mobile as my carrier before and they can increase my credit limit no problem. They just need to run my credit and they will increase it since I was a good payer but for some reason Verizon doesn't care about that. Like, I am not asking for free money. I will pay those phone, so I dont understand why it's so hard to increase credit limits here?

Someone also offered me to switch to business account and i checked the plans for that. They're basically saying that I need to spend more on the plan just so I can increase my credit limit. I think that's doesn't make any sense.

I have 9 lines on my account. 1 that is already fully payed, and 1 that I am willing to pay off just so i can upgrade those 2 lines but Verizon  still refuse because they state that I dont have enough credit limit. One person told me I have $2000 credit limit the next person that I talked to says I have $1500 credit limit. The information that every rep gives me are different. And, first of all, how did Verizon expect me to just have $2000 credit limit with 9 lines when a new phones costs like $1000 and more.

Me having being a good payer and with high credit score doesnt matter for Verizon. I should've know that Verizon service is like this then I should've stayed with T-Mobile. I was with T-Mobile for more than 13 years . I was just referred to Verizon because they said Verizon has good customer service and better plans but apparently not. T-Mobile value the loyalty of their customers unlike Verizon.  Pretty sure i am not going to stay long with Verizon like I did with T-Mobile. I even referred 10 people to Verizon, I guess I made a bad choice. I will make sure that other people will know about this bad service. Switching to Verizon was a wrong move.

Re: spending limit is absurd

I have the exact same issue. I am unsure how this change makes sense, but as soon as I am able to find a different provider I will be leaving VERIZON. So sad after over 20 years. But if they can’t find a way to accommodate me, then my service means nothing but another monthly payment.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am a consumer too and I sincerely understand your concerns regarding the credit limit for the purchase of new equipment, 010306. The limit is determined systematically based mostly on credit rating and payment history. You are a valued customer and we do not want you to consider a move from our Verizon Wireless family. 

Only our Financial Services Team has the tools and resources to review your credit limit concerns, we recommend that you contact them for assistance. While they do not have a Social Media Team, you can call them at 866-266-1445 (or call *611 on your Verizon Wireless phone) at your convenience.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Snash42

I agree with above. I have been with Verizon for 15 years. This is crazy.you are about to lose a valued customer. It’s very sad

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I apologize for this whole ordeal, Snash42. I was able to review our service alerts and can see this is a known issue in our system. It is only affecting a few of our customers, and we appreciate your patience with us while we work on resolving this known issue for you.

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
meesh_10

Verizon does not care.  Remember Microsoft accused of being a monopoly?  Same thing is going to happen to Verizon, it's just a matter of time before someone files a class-action suit.  They've taken advantage of long-standing customers.  Same garbage here, plus they charged me extra late fees last year when they kept messing up up my plan and nobody knew what they were doing.  I also hear T-Mobile has great reception, costs less, and has better customer service.  They took it upon themselves to run my credit and "adjusted" the spending limit; don't know what it is but I'm sure it's low.  And IF you get a phone through them, it's a lot of extra money to your monthly bill.

I bought my present cell phone from Best Buy in 2014.  The one before that was an iPhone4, so that shows you how long it's been.   What business is it to run my credit report especially when I don't buy anything from them?  They reported me and all it did was tick me off.  I've been a customer 20+ years, and this is what I get?  I will be looking for another carrier.  IF my phone dies before that and I'm still here, I will give the business to someone else or another store, anyone BUT Verizon...

0 Likes
meesh_10

And all they can say is we appreciate your business.  NO they don't...

0 Likes