Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
texts from gmail accounts
mcostan

I am having problems getting spammed with gmail accounts in my texts. I see others have had the same problem. In the past I was told how to block texts originating from email or web. I am trying to find that again but am unable to.  I cannot forward every sex link spam email I get, and it's unacceptable that verison pretends this problem doesn't exist. 

spam

trying to post a pic. I just want to know how to block certain types of emails, it shouldn't be this hard. I'll bet its not this hard for att customers

0 Likes
Re: texts from gmail accounts
BigAl52

Good luck finding out Verizon keeps replying with the same responses. One change your number, two follow a link to where you can pay for there special service that doesn’t work blocking them and 3 send one of the tech support people a message. This forum is a little confusing to use so Im not sure how to do the third. They just locked a thread that was 14 pages long I see because of this same type of complaint. Ivejust been doing a screenshot and sending them to 7726.  Im not changing my number and Im not paying any extra for some block programs that don’t work. Other carriers are able to block this and if it keeps up Im gone. Been a Verizon customer over 10 years. 

Ann154
Expert
Expert

Threads are generally locked when they are outdated or other reasons related to the Terms of Service for the community. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I do apologize for the unwanted messages and texts. I know how annoying this can be. I will be happy to provide you with the details of our blocking feature that we offer. Please take a look at our Smart Family feature. Click https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-47377/

0 Likes
shudson2

I am getting 6-7 texts a day from gmail.com accounts. Every one is from a different gmail.com account. This is so aggravating. I have blocked 5 which is all that Verizon will let block unless I pay for the one with 15 blocks. However,  15 is still not enough. So far I have received 117. This is ridiculous. I just need Verizon to block all texts that go to my Verizon number that come from gmail.com. I don't understand why this is difficult. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

shudson2 I'm sorry you are having issues with your Gmail account. We are not able to block all text to an account. Have you considered removing the Gmail account from your phone?

0 Likes
acraftylady2

How would removing a gmail account on a phone stop spammers from sending text messages to people?  I think you don't understand.  Spammers are using agmail email addresses to send spam text messages.  The problem is spammers are smart and finding ways around things so no matter what's in place it isn't going to work.  

Tigerstep

Absolute clown advice, worst I've ever seen on this site to date. 

mcostan

The fact you are even suggesting such an idiotic suggestion seems to imply you aren't listening and/or don't even know how phones work.  This is an example of the useless chat support, in case anyone thinks of trying it. 

The inappropriate links are coming From Gmail, it won't do any good to remove the Gmail app, I don't even know if you can do that. 

There are literally 100's, and it doesn't matter if you block them because there are thousands more lying in wait. 

The solution is to be able to block texts that originate from the web or other email, that is a pretty useless feature, there is no reason to send people texts from those sources except for nefarious reasons.  That used to be a feature that you could access on the Verizon website but everyone I talked to from Verizon don't remember it, of course it didn't work well so what difference did it make. 

I shouldn't have to tell a billion dollar tech industry how to solve their problems. I spent the last week talking to tech support on the phone, that was almost as frustrating as posting it here.  After the tech support messed up up me and my spouse's ability to Access the app and website, we went back to the store and finally found someone that would help us be able to use the site/app so we can monitor our data and pay our bill. Out of an entire store there was one person that seemed to be knowledgeable, wasn't rude, and didn't try to sell us something we didn't need. They acknowledged the problem but had no solution. Apparently the Google phones don't have that problem, they gave some reason having to do with a different chip. 

We've been with Verizon for over 20 years, yet we've been passed over for better plans offered to new people. 

I find it incredulous that a company as large as Verizon not only has poor customer service, but doesn't even seem to know how their own technology works, you see evidence of this in this thread - by the stupid suggestions given by Verizon. This is an example of what happens when you are desperate enough to call for support. In my case, it did more harm than good. It's no wonder our infrastructure is being attached by ransomware, it seems like every company is run by blockheads. This is the new normal and customer service is non-existent. I almost welcome what is certain to be our Chinese overlords, maybe they can figure this out. 

Comcast was as bad, I finally switched to att fiber optic internet and have had great customer service. My partner is a brand whore and it's her fault we've been with Verizon so long. As soon as my phone is paid off I'm jumping ship and going to att, cheap talk, or any number of the other providers. It can't possibly be as bad but at least it will be cheaper. 

Thanks for nothing Verizon. Your suggestions were stupid and only confirm how useless your advice is 

0 Likes
mcostan

@Tigerstep. If you really want to experience the ultimate in bad advice try their "expert chat service" lol!     Pathetic.

0 Likes