Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
time zone setting?
Danl99

When I log into My Verizon to look at my phone usage, it lists my calls in PDT, although I'm in CDT. How do I change this to make it right? I can't find a time zone setting anywhere.

Re: time zone setting?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to make sure you can access your account and use your services as needed. With regard to the device what is the make and model for the phone. 

0 Likes
Danl99

On this account I have 3 iPhone8s and an LG dumb phone. But we're talking about time zone. How does the account assess that? Actually, one of the iPhones is on PDT, one is on MST, and one is on CDT. The LG is on CDT as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We work hard to provide records that are as accurate as possible, Danl99. Please allow us to explain the timestamps you see online in My Verizon. When it comes to call logs, we make every effort to display usage in real time. In other words, a call you made an hour ago is expected to be on your call logs within the hour if not sooner. The timestamp you see on that display may be in any time zone, since we have servers in multiple locations. The timestamp is given in the local time zone where the call or text was processed through. That can vary from one call or text to the next. Does this help explain how the timestamps online can vary?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Are the area codes and prefix of the phone numbers all in the CDT time zone? Is the service address associated with each phone number set in CDT? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Danl99

Um, so in MyVerizon, it's not My time zone that is listed for calls with my phone? Absolutely bizarre.

Ann154
Expert
Expert

The last time I had really looked at this for my phone, I seem to recall the times shown on My Verizon were based on the service address associated with the phone number and not necessarily the location of the phone or the area code and prefix of the phone number.

It is possible they have changed how the usage is recorded since I had looked at this issue. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes