Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trade in issue and verizon representative fraud
Misspink

OK, so on Jan 8th and Jan 9th Verizon had an online $800 trade in promotion deal. I have 7 lines and was able to trade in 3 phones each with an appraised trade in value of $800. so far my trade in has been successful because i received the boxes and have since sent in the old devices and my future bills are reflecting the promotional changes. So Im excited, and I tell my elderly father about the "Trade in" deal Verizon had going as he also has Verizon. So, I go online to get him in on the deal , but I ran in to trouble getting appraisal on 2 of the 3 devices because they had installments left and also he was on a very old plan. One line said we had to pay off the installment which was fine as it was less than $100 and by doing this he would be eligible for the $800 trade in deal but when we tried to pay off the left over installments the website said we had to call a representative. Same for the other line, however, on this line the installment left on it was bigger. So we opened the chat and after being on the chat for about 2 hours with the representative she tells us about the options my father had and just when were about to close the deal, she seemed to have gotten frustrated after I asked another question and she closed the chat! So now we had no other option but to call Verizon in the morning. The following morning we call Verizon and speak to a representative, we tell him everything from the night before and that we are ready to proceed with the trade-ins. So he has my father pay $400+ upfront for the left over installments on the 1 line, an upgrade fee for the line with the larger installment, and taxes for the new devices. we also asked him to please remove a $50 monthly device protection plan my father had no idea he was paying for, Per my father, that was supposed to come off years ago and didn’t know he was still paying on it. Anyway, the representative goes over what his projected monthly bill would be putting him somewhere around $280/mo with new devices & new 5G unlimited plans. Everything was going great, my father was extremely happy he was set to save on his monthly plan, received 2 latest iPhone models 1 for him and surprising my mother with the other iPhone 13 Pro Max and an iPhone 11 for the line that had the high installments replacing an old iPhone SE. Then his bill comes in $426!!! my father calls me immediately asking me to check what is going on with his bill online. So I look and there’s a bunch of fees and stuff on there that I don’t understand. We call Verizon last night and we find out the previous representative DID NOT do TRADE-INS he did UPGRADES and not only that he TRANSFERRED the high installment to a different line without even bringing it up to my father! he also did not remove the $50 monthly device protection plan he said he removed. The representative last night told my father that ALL MY FATHER CAN DO is return the brand new iPhones and on top of that he would have to pay another $50 for returning the phones!!! or keep the phones and pay the $400+ monthly bill I said so, all you guys can do is say “oops, sorry one of ours fraudulently changed your account, return us the phones, and don’t forget to pay us another $50 for returning the devices”? He offered my father no help whatsoever. Not even peace of mind. I cant imagine that Verizon representatives aren’t doing the same to other elderly people that don’t know how to navigate their accounts online just to come up on a quick dollar on their commission. I am so upset, I feel my father was robbed by a big corporation like Verizon and there is nothing we can do about it because we are the little guys. I put my father in this situation and I should’ve never told my father about the Verizon Trade-in deal on their website. As the saying goes “The path to hel! is paved with good intention”. 

0 Likes
Re: trade in issue and verizon representative fraud
Misspink

Does anyone know how to speak to an actual supervisor/manager at Verizon? someone that can actually help a customer and not just a representative that is given access to one’s  account and is used to deter phone calls away from the higher ups? 

0 Likes