Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
verizon will not honor discount offer
cjb22

last week a chat agent offered a loyalty discount along with phone trade in to make the iphone13 pro affordable. I was skeptical because he said the discounts could not be implemented until the trade in was received. After being a Verizon customer for over 18 years, I thought its ok, verizon rep said he noted this on my account and it would be entered in manually. Week later, phone received being used, other returned, verizon gives only small trade in value for phone. I call into speak with a rep, and I am told all chat messages will show in account. OK, so I assume I will get discount, nope she tried to help me, but said chat agent should have never said that as that is not correct and basically can't do anything except allow me to return phone. My son has been using it a week already. 

So warning to all, doesn't matter if your log time loyal customer, they will bait and switch so you will buy their higher cost phones, promise discount and refuse to honor it. When my phones are paid off, I will no longer be with Verizon. Not after how I am treated after over 18 years and have never paid my bill late once! 

0 Likes
Re: verizon will not honor discount offer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

cjb22,

I'm terribly sorry for this experience. We value your many years of loyalty and we want to keep you in the Verizon family for many years to come. I'd be glad to see what options I can find to help solve this. I've sent a PM. Please answer when you can. 

-Andrew

0 Likes
Re: verizon will not honor discount offer
mama23dogs

I always encourage people to read the terms of these promotions. You entered into a promotion that required an unlimited data plan and a minimum service plan.  As well as purchase under installments with taxes paid upfront on the full retail value of the phone.   If you go to Verizon‘s website and look up what an iPhone 13 deal looks like you may find that your deal did not meet the requirements.   Carriers publish these deals online for a reason, so that nobody can get “creative”. That means both customers and employees.   

0 Likes