Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
why Doesn’t Verizon care about existing customers?
Silverfoxx

Why are there never any deal on iPhones for existing customers?

I have been a customer for over 15 years and all I see is BOGO for new customers and maybe $200 deal for existing when you trade in but on BOGO for new they do t have to trade in!! Why is there no loyalty benefit. At this point I am done and looks like even AT&T is offering $1000 off the new iPhone 11 Pro! So looks like time to switch since Verizon can’t keep their customers!

Re: why Doesn’t Verizon care about existing customers?
Basically

Dear Silverfoxx: My wife and I have been Verizon Customers for at least as long as you and we have found you tend to be forgotten, until you contact them - although that is not always the case.  Here is my tale of woe, which Verizon received in the form of a certified letter, in June of this year -

Dear Sir or Madam:

My wife and I are longtime customers and are pleased with the service and the access you and your employees provide. I was aware that Verizon was discontinuing the 3G network, so yesterday, I purchased a new phone - a Kyocera Cadence.  I find that a basic flip phone is all I need, as I don’t use my phone for anything other than making and receiving phone calls and for an occasional text.

When I asked about transferring my contacts and my pictures from my LG Revere to the Kyocera Cadence, two different Verizon Wireless customer service representatives told me the same thing - that the contacts would have to be imported one at a time and I would not be able to save my pictures to my new phone.

So yesterday, after my phone was activated, I began the tedious and laborious task of importing my contacts, one at a time, at the Verizon Wireless store. The representative set the procedure up and I then had to keep pressing the “Enter” key, continuously. After about 20-30 minutes, I pressed the wrong key and the process stopped, halfway through the “S” contacts. The representative told me that we couldn’t restart the process and I would have to manually enter all the remaining contacts, as new contacts.

When I arrived at home, I began the process - I selected “Contacts” on the main screen and then selected “Options” I then selected #3 - “Import/Export”. After that I selected “Import from Phone” and then “Import multiple vCard files”. I selected the contacts that still needed to be imported, selected “Done”  then selected “OK”.

Within a few seconds, all the remaining contacts were transferred to my new phone - WITHOUT HAVING TO TRANSFER THEM ONE AT A TIME! I was quite pleased with having done this, but was also annoyed that I had to go through the tedious and laborious task of entering contacts one at a time.

After this, I went to “My Pictures”, on the LG Revere, and selected “Options” and then “Manage Pictures”. I then selected “Send”. I was able to select up to 100 pictures at a time. I then pressed “Done”.  I then selected ”Via Bluetooth”. I chose the KYOCERA S2720 on the screen and selected ”Send”. I received a request to accept the file, on the KYOCERA and selected “Accept”.  In no time at all, I was able to send ALL of my pictures to my new phone.

Once again, I was happy that I was able to transfer all the pictures from my LG Revere to my Kyocera Cadence, but was equally annoyed that I was told by two different customer service representatives, at a Verizon Wireless Store, that that was not possible.

The employees in question were either mis-informed or ill-informed.  As more and more customers who prefer basic flip phones, begin to purchase an upgrade, it would be exceedingly helpful if you instructed all of your employees, throughout the United States,  that these customers can indeed save their pictures and don’t have to move their contacts to a new phone, one at a time. Not every Verizon Wireless customer wants or needs a smart phone, and it is important to keep these people happy, if you wish to retain them as customers.   I am giving you this information, as it is clear that it is NOT common knowledge throughout your company, particularly at the Verizon Wireless stores.  Please don’t try to tell me otherwise.  I await your prompt reply - please don’t disappoint me.

*** I did received a phone call back, but the call was dropped and Verizon never called back.  I sent a second certified letter and received a voicemail message, asking ME to call back.  I was not inclined to do so, as I thought they should, in the interest of customer satisfaction.  I'm still waiting.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We do care about all our existing customers and I apologize for your recent experience when you tried transferring your contacts. We want to make sure we get to the bottom of this for you. To clarify, were you able to get the contacts transferred? ChetonJ_VZW

0 Likes
Basically

I did, as I indicated in my reply to Silverfoxx.  The three basic phones you are offering currently, of which I have one, are a far cry from the LG Revere I had for eight years.  That phone was the well-engineered and designed, easy to use and understand, battery life was exceptional - in short you could not have found a better basic phone.  Now, I'm stuck with a Kyocera Cadence, which won't even stay paired with my 2018 vehicle, texting is confusing and cumbersome and calling up a contact, from the contact list requires you to type in half of the contact name. In short, it the exact opposite of the LG Revere. I neither need nor want a smart phone, but I get the sense that Verizon is trying to push customers from their basic phones to smart phones, by offering basic phones of poor quality.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

As a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too. As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated and it's very important that our customers are completely satisfied with their mobile devices. I agree with you that the LG Revere was a well engineered and designed device that was easy to use and understand. Having used that device myself, I can attest that it had exceptional battery life. We're sorry to hear that you're not completely satisfied with the Kyocera Cadence and that it won't stay paired with your 2018 vehicle. May I ask what the make/model of your 2018 vehicle? How long have you had your Kyocera Cadence? Here's why we're asking. In many cases, the automobile manufacturer would know if a specific make/model phone is compatible with the Bluetooth system of their vehicles. This information can be found on many of the automobile manufacturer's website or by simply asking one of the auto salesmen. Verizon also provides our 14-Day Worry-Free Guarantee for equipment returns, exchanges, and refunds. Additional information about this policy can be viewed at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/return-policy/. We've also noted your feedback regarding issues with texting from the Kyocera Cadence being confusing and cumbersome as well as the issues you're experiencing with calling up a contact from the phone. That's certainly not the experiences we want for you with any of our devices and I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you. Having the right device that meets your needs is paramount. Although Verizon has a fantastic selection of Smartphones for our customers to choose from, I can assure you that it is not Verizon's intention to push our customers from their basic phones to Smartphones. We always want to provide our customers with the option to choose the mobile device that best meets their needs. We've also noted your reference to the three basic phones that we're currently offering being a far cry from the LG Revere. May I ask if you've had an opportunity to compare our selection of basic phones side by side on our website? To assist you in this matter, I've provided our website that allows you to compare up to four devices side by side. Please check out these basic phones at https://www.verizonwireless.com/compare-devices/sonim-xp5s&lg-exalt-lte&orbic-journey-v&etalk. We also recommend visiting any of our corporate store locations at your convenience. This will allow our store personnel to provide you with "Hands-on" assistance while checking out our selection of basic phones. We also understand how extremely busy many of our customers are and we always value your time. Is this something you’re interested in considering? If so, we can also provide you with hands-on troubleshooting assistance with your Kyocera Cadence as well as review our selection of basic phones with you. You can locate the closest Verizon corporate store near you by visiting our website at https://www.verizonwireless.com/stores. We're here to do everything we can to assist you and to continue to earn your customer loyalty. How does this work for you? - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Basically

Dear Robert,

I've had the Kyocera Cadence since June of this year and my vehicle is a 2018 Cruze. When I purchased my Kyocera Cadence in June, the Verizon customer service representatives showed me only three basic phones - two Kyoceras and an LG Exalt, indicating that is all that were available.  On clicking the link you provided, I see that Verizon now offers seven different basic phones. Perhaps I shouldn't have jumped the gun and instead, waited until this month or next to make a purchase. Since I have already purchased the Kyocera Cadence, I am not inclined to purchase another phone and possibly go through the same exasperating experience I had with the customer service representatives, that I had in June.  I sincerely hope all the Verizon store personnel are now fully versed in the workings of all of Verizon's basic phones. Thank you.

0 Likes
thebcdub

So let me get this straight Silverfoxx posts about loyal VZW customers not getting good deals and someone hijacks the thread. They receive customer service, but he never even gets dignified with a response. Even if the response was "sorry we don't care about you because you're already a customer" it would be better than replying to someone else who has already been in contact with customer service on multiple occassions.

Also, I am in the same boat, why do existing loyal customers (I've probably been with VZW like 20 years at this point) not receive great deals. I do get phone calls all the time to let me know that my line is ready for an upgrade and I can come in and get some random deal that isn't really a deal. OR I CAN SIGN UP FOR A NEW PHONE NUMBER AND GET THE GREAT DEAL. I don't want a new phone number, I have had this one for over a decade...

Basically

Dear thebcdub,

My intention was not to hijack a thread - this is the first time I am using Verizon Community.  So, I'll try to start my own message, rgarding the aforementioned experience. It, I'm hoping, will be titled "Basic Phone Dilemma". I'm hoping Robert from Verizon Wireless will follow me to the new thread.

0 Likes
thebcdub

Basically,

I have no beef with you, I was simply pointing out how they just ignored the original post. It's typical though. I hope that they get you taken care of. Good luck!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We love our loyal customers and want everyone to have a good deal on a new device thebcdub. I'm sorry you feel this way about us because we would like to hope as a new customer you also received a promotion on your first device or plan with us. We can also review your individual account for upgrade options. I will be sending you a private message to gain access to your account details and to discuss your concerns. We can also be reached via Facebook and Twitter vzwsupport. 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes