Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
why does the text online page keep refreshing
jakekamp

Why does the verizon webpage keep refreshing every time I type? Reviewing similar forums I've found that this occurs to many other people across the entire Verizon website, but most particularly on the text online page.

I, like many people, cannot have a mobile phone inside my office building but am allowed to use the text online feature.

Also, like so many of those people, I work on an enterprise environment, which means that you need to have an application approved before you can install it , and someone from the IT department does the installing for you. So no, I haven't tried using the Verizon Desktop application, because I can't.

This happens to me on every web browser available to me at work, to include: FireFox (all versions including latest), Chrome, Edge, Chromium Edge, and Internet Explore Version 11. I am not authorized, nor do I have the option to, use any other web browser at work. For anyone that is going to reply to this, this is often the error occurs:

1. Every time I start typing in a new field (particularly on the texting portion of this site).

2. Every time I type a message and then attempt to send it.

3. Every time I click in between message strings/conversations.

5. Every 60-90 seconds, regardless of what my interaction with the web page at the time.

The only workaround I've found for this is to type the message in a word editor (I use notepad) and then copy/paste the text into the text field and click send in less than a second after pasting the message. If I wait or take longer than a second to click the send/post button, the page refreshes, and all input text is either lost, or placed on a blank/incorrect text conversation.

I took a look at the text online page myself like a lot of other people here have. To my vaguely trained eyes, there's a fair bit of unresolved java script errors.

Is there someone is who going to look at this? What will their fix action be?

0 Likes
Re: why does the text online page keep refreshing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're disappointed to learn you're having trouble with the Verizon website refreshing while in use, jakekamp. As a heavy text user myself, I can understand how important it is to have access to text while away from your phone. The Verizon website will refresh often while using it as a security precaution. Please tell us more about what happens when the page refreshes Does it erase all content? Has this always been an issue? If not, when did this start? 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
jakekamp

Hey! great to see someone reply! 

to answer your question, it refreshes usually in the middle of typing a message or clicking in between message threads. And randomly whenever I have the page open. 

It doesn't erase what I was typing but places it in a new message thread unaddressed to anyone. It does not erase all content either, but It it a 50/50 shot to see if the message i wanted to send actually sent. 

The only way I've been able to get around this is by typing what I want outside of the browser window, and then copying that text to paste in the message thread. Then I usually have 1-3 seconds to click the send button before it refreshes the page and won't send. Pressing the enter key will not work in that instance.

pressing the enter key refreshes the page.

This started about 2-3 months ago, but hasn't been an issue for me as I was able to work from home most days. Until now. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for those details jakekamp. I can understand the need to use this feature while working from home. Lets work on getting it resolved or reported. I was unable to locate any reported issues with our online text option. Do you have any 3rd party messaging apps on your phone. Have you tried using our online text feature through different browsers? Do you have any security features or firewalls on your computer that often update websites, software and content on your computer? 

-Kinquana_VZW

0 Likes
jakekamp

Hey! Thank you for replying. 

I'm actually at work. I cant have my phone on my person in the office building. I've tried 4 different browsers and nothing in our firewall should be blocking the site or making it refresh at the rates im seeing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for clarifying, jakekamp. We want to ensure you are able to message without the inconvenience of the page refreshing randomly. Do you experience this issue on any device other than your work computer?

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes