Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
wife Abusive Retail Store Manager In Venice Florida
Auronda

My wife ordered a phone for her son, he wanted a better phone, so she oredered a different Iphone, and called the customer service number to return the original one.  The Verizon representative explained that since she boght it out of the retail store, she needs to take it back to the location to process the return... Seemed easy.

When she arrived at the store, and explained the situation, the store manager Phil yelled loudly  "there is absolutely nothing I can do to help you."  She asked him to call customer service, to see what needed to be don as they sent her to the stores.  He screamed at her "are your telling me how to do my job, do you think I don't know how to do my job-  I'm not gonna call anyone to help you because no one helped you!"  He continued to yell at her in front of our 15 year old  son.  She then took out her phone to dial #611 to see what verizon help would suggest.  Another employee named Larry started yelling at her to take her phone and get out of the store.  That she was disrupting a "more important customer ".  There was only one other customer in the building.

After being abused by the store manager Phil nad Larry, another employee who witnessed it all, found her outside, took her inside, made a phone call, and processed the return with ease.

Larry and Phil saw what was going on and turned around and hid in a back room.  Amazing something the store manager and his buddy said couldn't be done was done with ease by another employee.

I understand people are under stress in these times, but there is no reason for 2 grown adults should yell at a woman for trying to return a phone, especially when she was instructed to take it there.

I am a retail Store Manager for Big Lots stores.  I wouldn't dream of speaking to any of my customers in that manner, especially a woman in front of a child, not only because it is abhorent behavior from a professional, but I would surely lose my job, as we are in the customer service industry.  Apparently Verizon Store Managers do not fear there are consequences to the way they treat their customers.

Ganging up and screaming at a woman just trying to return a phone is quite cowardly, and utterly unprofessional

I want to report this  incident to whomever the appropriate person is, but it is unclear where to register a complaint.

Any help would be apprciate, as this could be your wife or mother or daughter treated this way.. 
She was and is still extremely upset and shaken up by the way she was treated ..

Thank You

0 Likes
Re: wife Abusive Retail Store Manager In Venice Florida
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am truly disappointed to hear about your experience at a retail store location. We always expect all representative including leadership to provide support in a professional manner. We want to ensure that feedback is provided regarding your experience. We do have a few stores in the Venice, FL area. What store location did you visit? - AlbertoR_VZW 

0 Likes