Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
will my service be shut off even with a promised to pay date set up
PLUMWILD79

I recently ran into some Financial situations to where I could not pay all of last month's bill so now I have a past due balance with the new bill coming up I got an email saying my services would be interrupted if I did not pay so therefore I set up a payment arrangement with a promise to pay date so will my services still be interrupted or will they remain on. And the only way they would be shut off if that was not to be paid by that date because I just wanted to make sure my phone will stay on since I made my promise to pay arrangement

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: will my service be shut off even with a promised to pay date set up
MERD01

Good luck with your promise to pay.  I set one up on 9/21 saying that I would pay the minimum by today.  I actually made the payment YESTERDAY.  After the payment was made, the website came back and said that I owed an ADDITIONAL $123.67 that needed to be paid before my service would be reactivated.  The promise to pay was a LIE!!

0 Likes
RMCCAMMAN
Novice

If you have a payment arrangement, your service should not be disrupted as long as you pay by that date.  You will still incur charges during this time. As another user stated, they had to pay additional as they still were being charged for service.  You might want to temporarily suspend your service if you are in a financial challenge.  Remember that VZW is giving you options to help you, but they are not required to do so. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

MERD01 wrote:

Good luck with your promise to pay. I set one up on 9/21 saying that I would pay the minimum by today. I actually made the payment YESTERDAY. After the payment was made, the website came back and said that I owed an ADDITIONAL $123.67 that needed to be paid before my service would be reactivated. The promise to pay was a LIE!!

Your situation appears to be a bit different, though. The OP does not currently have their service suspended. Your post makes it sound as if your service was already suspended. Once your service is suspended, you cannot get it reactivated until you bring your account current.

Whether or not the service of the OP would be suspended would certainly depend on if they actually make the payment as promised, how much was promised to be paid, how much was still owed and when the balance would be paid.

MERD01

Yes, my service was suspended when I made the promise to pay.  However, during the chat I had with a prepresentative, s/he assured me that if I made the payment amount requested, my service would be restored.  Since my service was suspended at that point, and the previous month's charges had been credited back, there should have been NO new charges to be added.

0 Likes
BenD_0703

It isn’t a lie, it was obviously an issue with the system. Simply call Verizon and dispute the issue and they’ll correct it. I’ve used promise to pay with no issues.

0 Likes
BenD_0703

Sorry, that reply was for the other guy who said Promise to Pay is a lie.

0 Likes
KH-Michael

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes